Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
t bone said:
can anyone tell me the coorect method to remove the JEEP tag on my hood?
THXS
it's quite simple really. here's a 10 step method you can use.

1. mask the area around the logo you intend to remove with easy off painters tape (blue)

2. draw a chalk circle around your feet on the driveway. at no time after completing the circle should you step out, so make sure all of your tools are reachable before you complete this step.

3. lay the palm of your left hand over the logo, applying gentle pressure.

4. say, "you are a naughty logo. you are a naughty logo. you are a naughty logo." three times. that's 9 times total, mind.

5. with your right hand balled into a fist, make a wide circle in the air over your head and bring it down to gently tap the back of your left hand(still applied to the logo) repeat 3 times.

6. say, "you, naughty logo, are wicked in my sight, and shall snuff it." 3 times

7. peel the logos off, and rub the tape off with your thumbs.

8. remove masking tape, polish, wax.

9. erase the chalk circle before anyone sees it and thinks you're insane.

10. go have a sandwich. nice job.

·
Registered
451 Posts
11. with your right hand balled into a fist, make a wide circle in the air over your head and bring it down to gently tap the back of your skull. Repeat 3 times.

12. Say, "You Dumb A$$ why did you do that? Repeat 3 times....

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
13. Apply the H3 decal (You should be proud to have JEEP on it) :)

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Why Why do you think it necessary to remove the Jeep tag? Take to the dealer, trade it in for something else, and there....you have no more Jeep tag to worry about.

Maybe you should'nt own a Jeep if you are embarassed by it and feel the necessity to hide the proud emblem that says : I am better than you cause I own a Jeep now move on" isnt that what it says to you? Isn't that what JEEP stands for? Isnt it American ENGINUITY (heh heh) that we out perform 4runners and wannabes? Isn't that why we own jeeps? So why. oh why would you want to remove you symbol of freedom and style. Everything that is as American as apple pie and baseball...is Jeep.

Other than that, how did it go?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
LOL........I don't think it's a matter of not liking the word Jeep. It's called de-badging and many people do it because they want to take off everything that basically takes away from the clean lines and beauty of their vehicle. That includes bodyside molding or chrome etc. You guys are gonna give this guy a complex.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can also take fishing line and wrap it around each hand, then pull it down behind the letters popping them off. Use Goof Off or another mild adhesive remover, wax, and you're good to go. By the way, depending on how old your Jeep is, the paint might not match. Something to think about. It's better to debadge when the vehicle is new so the paint is not faded around the emblems. Hope this helps.

RT

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ever car or bike i owned has been debagged. i like the clean lines and after modifications, (and i done quite a bit and won many awards) they all have that clean, sleek look..........and im way beyound getting a complex...........too arrogant for that!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
awwwwwww what the hell........im bored anyway. car emblems and bike emblems require a dif method and a dif touch. and if someone had a better idea...great. and if someone wanted the tags for shipping cost only great. just in case u needed to know

1 - 20 of 25 Posts