Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the Nokian Vatiiva 245/70's installed - so far, I absolutely love them!!

Old Tires in Wheel Wells:

New Tires in Wheel Wells:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Barely enough room for a fingertip here, but no rubbing:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do they rub at all when off roading?

·
Registered
258 Posts
yea, I was going to ask that too...what about with shock compression

Otherwise...looks good

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on going out over the weekend, but it continued to pour through Saturday night - about 4 days of rain. The ground was saturated, and since I was by myself on Sunday, I only went to some light trails that were slick, loose, wet gravel and muddied up dirt trails - I did not feel any rubbing at all on that terrain, so far - so good. (I also didn't push it because I didn't want to strand myself anywhere!)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Definitely fills the wheel wells. Your camera takes good pics. Also, I've never heard of that tire brand.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bet highway travel is a bit smoother with that much more rubber.

but the circumfrence being more...did you have to re-calibrate the speedometer?

How's the mpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
I put a set of Nokain's on my Ram and i'm very impressed with them. My neighbor reccomended them to me, he owns a delivery service, and runs Nokian's on all his trucks. They provide excellent traction and grip the road in all types of weather. They are a little on the expensive side, but it is money well spent. The only negative is you get a little road noise when they start to wear.

Nokian tires are manufactured in Sweeden, so they were designed for traction in snow, ice, and rain.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay - for inquiring minds:

enough bolt clearance - I will try to get a better shot

MPG seems to be down a bit, but I will know better after manually calculating it after two or three fills.

Speedometer is off by about 2 mph it seems - according to the digital sign I passed last week. I was trying to hold it steady around 65 and the sign told me I was doing 63 - so it is pretty close.

Specs on the tires are:

Size: 245/70R17
Load Index:110S
Weight Lbs: 35.0
Rim Measured: 7
Overall Diameter: 30.4"
Overall Width: 10.1"

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I almost forgot - thanks for the compliments on the pics - maybe 3 years with photography as a major has something to do with it - or maybe it is just my new pocket camera - a Canon Powershot SD750 - thing is awesome for its small size! I carry it everywhere with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts