Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mechanic called me and told me I need to take my Jeep to a dealer for a BCM issue because its giving a code of 2100. I really don't want to take it there and have it cost an arm and a leg. Does anyone know anything about this or how to fix it??

·
Registered
76 Posts
“P2100 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Open (TACM)". This can happen for multiple reasons and a mechanic needs to diagnose the specific cause for this code to be triggered in your situation.”

Google is your friend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I currently have the P2100 code show up this weekend. Luckily I had just started down the street. About two minutes after startup it threw the code. I was wondering if you were able to correct the problem??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update
FSM states "The condition sets when PCM detects an internal error or a short betwen th ETC motor- and ETC motor+ circuits in the ETC Motor Driver. One trip fault. ETC light flashing." I checked for short between the DarkBlue/Grey and DarkBlue/LightGreen wires which powers the ETC also checked each wire for short to battery voltage. Also checked continuity of each wire. Checked the ETC Motor resistance should be between 2.5 and 25 ohms in the closed position. Everything checked out good, So it looks like there is a problem in the PCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts