Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting a "My Garage" thread with a copy of my first post after getting my Commander on March 31, 2007.

My Commander was delivered to my door at 7:30AM this past Saturday(3/31/07). I have been a forum member since June 2006 and was looking at Commanders since they began production. Learned all kinds of useful info here and did research in other places as well. I had decided early in 2006 that I wanted a Commander to replace my 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have been searching the internet ever since to find what I wanted at a price that I was willing to pay. I literally looked at several hundred Commanders. Well, I think I got a good deal. I found a brand new 2006 Limited with every available option for $32,500(MSRP $45,405). It was being sold as used(only 11 miles on it) because it had been repossessed by Chrysler from a dealer that went out of business and it was purchased at a Chrysler auction by the dealer I purchased it from. I found it on the internet at AutoTrader.com. It has everything--Nav w/backup camera, DVD, Tow pkg, Off-Road Group(tow hooks,skid plates), UConnect, remote start and chrome wheels. I had the remote start added. I also asked the dealer to "flip" the tires so that the black sides were out. The only things it doesn't have that an 07 has is the power liftgate, leather covered console lid and 3-blink lane change. I think I will try to get the console lid covered to match the Saddle Brown seats. I paid $1,061 to have it shipped from Kentucky to my house in South Carolina. It was picked up last Fri.(March 30) and it was at my front door at 7:30 AM Sat. the next day! Delivered in perfect condition in a very nice enclosed 3 car trailer--thank you Enclosed Vehicle Transport of Buford, GA. Yeah, that is a plug--these guys are great!

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 build date 6/06
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone
Saddle Brown Leather Seats
QDII, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels, Daytime Running Lights enabled, Reverse Mirror Turn Down enabled

These are dealer pics:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Love the "Peanut Butter Guts" wish I cold find some to swap mine with!

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I love 'em, too. So you can't have mine !
What about if I add the clear headlights on top of the deal, will you swap with me ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about if I add the clear headlights on top of the deal, will you swap with me ;)
That is a very tempting offer, but I like my seats too much to do it.:SM130:

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have a lot of catching up to do! are the posts being moved to this one, or starting from 1?
Starting from 1.

·
2,248 Posts
Good Looking Jeep. Again thanks for posting my pictures back when I did not know how to do it. You bring a lot of assistance to the forum.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Time for some updated picture! I know your rig still can't look stock.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts