Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly lurk here guys, but I like this idea. I built 'Jeep garage' as my son calls it about 3 years ago. Here are the build shots and what I store in it..

Just after it was finished

Inside shots while hanging sheetrock (I spec'd it to include insulation and sheetrock work, but the wife upgraded the garage doors and the budget could not absorb the work. I did the inside myself.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
George Washington NF

Latest project in Garage (storage for Hard top)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rausch Creek this past Memorial Day

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice garage, many others here would love our own "Man Cave" for our toys.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That's what I want with my next house, or maybe AS my next house!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
awesome garage & home. i wish i had me a "man cave".

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Yes the doors are plenty big enough for the YJ. The open side was done in case I want a lift in the future and the yj lives on that side. I want to take a few more 'finished' shots and post them. The inside is about 95% complete. Much like our Jeeps nothing is 100% done.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Wow, that is awesome. Nice house with a built-in garage and then a stand-alone garage for projects and fun vehicles. I'm so jealous.... just what I always wanted!

If you ever want to sell your house, let me know. I might have to move to Maryland...LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It works too! Payphone, I mean.

I wanted to balance a working garage with a 'man cave' I'm nowhere close to the level of work done by GetLost4x4, but I can do a few things...

I use the loft for work and research. I pulled cable,phone and cat-5 from the house, so I am completely tied in to my house network.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wished for it too for several years... The clock is a gift from a neighbor for building him a computer and setting up a network in his house. He is a creative guy and made it himself.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just put Wrangler Silent Armors on my XK. I stayed with the stock size as I have decided that lifting the XK is not what I want to do with this vehicle. It is not worth it for the 1-2 times a year I take it off highway. Now I can't wait for my club's annual Valentine's Day ride at GW!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts