Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there was a member that was scammed by a user, who went by @Hehu6 who has since been banned;

This guy/gal scammed the member out of around $200.00 if I remember correctly;

The reason I mention this now, is that I've caught @Hehu6 3 or 4 times now (starting to lose count) coming back to the forum, under different user names;

The only reason he/she keeps attempting to come back, is because he/she obviously thinks, that they can continue defrauding our forum members and I absolutely DO NOT want to see that happen;

We do not allow members to post anything for sale here, unless they have been a posting, forum member in good standing, for at least 60 days, to try & prevent, just this sort of thing;

Here are a few things to look out for, to try & better protect yourself;

Do NOT respond to unsolicited Private/Direct messages asking you if you want to buy something, from members who have never posted on the forum;

This should be a BIG red flag to anybody & everybody;

Also if you get Private/Direct messages from someone who hasn't been a posting, forum member, for at least 60 days, & they're asking you if you want to buy something, again, I would recommend steering clear.

If you have posted a "Looking to Buy" thread in the Buy/Sell sub-forums, typically legit, honest forum members, will respond to you in that thread first, BEFORE they try & message you directly.

Please be careful folks.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,881 Posts
And remember the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts