1,881 Posts
Nice - reminds me of the one in my garage :giggle:

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
How much are you paying and where?
Sam's Club is a dime less in Casper, WY
$4.88 at Wawa's in Flagler County, FL

I get .05 cents a gallon off for using my Wawa's credit card, so, $4.83 for me.

I'm waiting for it to go over $5.00 a gallon.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$4.88 at Wawa's in Flagler County, FL

I get .05 cents a gallon off for using my Wawa's credit card, so, $4.83 for me.

I'm waiting for it to go over $5.00 a gallon.
It was rough paying $61 for 13 gallons.
I feel sorry for all those running around in diesel pickups.
That's over $5.50 here at the Sinclair station.
We need to get a reman engine in my wife's Hyundai Elantra, it gets about 40 mpg.
I was getting 20 mpg at 70 mph coming back from Casper.

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
\
It was rough paying $61 for 13 gallons.
I feel sorry for all those running around in diesel pickups.
That's over $5.50 here at the Sinclair station.
We need to get a reman engine in my wife's Hyundai Elantra, it gets about 40 mpg.
I was getting 20 mpg at 70 mph coming back from Casper.
That's about what I'm paying when I fill up;

I drive 46 miles each way going to work, so 92 miles round trip in my 2019 Nissan Frontier (2WD), which I bought in January of 2021, specifically to use as my work truck, knowing I'd be doing a lot of driving & definitely wanting to avoid, racking that kind of mileage up on my Commander;

At the time, gas was only about $2.65 a gallon or so & I wasn't concerned about the gas mileage;

It didn't get great mileage to start with having the 4.0L V-6 (probably doesn't help much that I have a heavy foot), I was getting maybe 18-19 MPG on the HWY (Most of my commute is HWY driving).

Then I decided to put on BF Goodrich K02's LT 265/75/R16's which are 32 inch tires, again wanting a beefier tire, with all the driving I was going to be doing - seemed like a good idea at the time;

That knocked me down to 16.5 MPG;

So, I'm filling up twice a week at an average of around $63.00 a pop.

My tank on the Frontier is small, only 17 gallons and because I work 10 hour days, I only go in 4 days a week.

I make good money, so, I can afford it, but, it still ticks me off, watching our economy literally falling apart, in front of my eyes.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
meanwhile big oil is making record profits... it doesnt add up. paying $4.50 at costco now, never have i really considered "not" driving like I do now. i do not see anyone giving up their profits either.. even if opec opens up the pipe...

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
meanwhile big oil is making record profits... it doesnt add up. paying $4.50 at costco now, never have i really considered "not" driving like I do now. i do not see anyone giving up their profits either.. even if opec opens up the pipe...
At some point prices will have to come back down to some degree or people will start actively protesting;

Then some key elected government officials will realize, their re-election is now in jeopardy;

When that happens, I think we'll see some movement of gas prices in the right direction, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
we will see, politicians seem more interested in pot shots on tweeter than action these days. we have been leveraging the country for the past 12+ years, so if folks did not believe there was some reckoning was coming regarding inflation/economy, they dont understand the relavance of history. but I do not believe anyone saw the storm of what is going on today happening... but there are smarter people than me who should have. i'll get off my soapbox now..

Reactions: Big Blue

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At some point prices will have to come back down to some degree or people will start actively protesting;

Then some key elected government officials will realize, their re-election is now in jeopardy;

When that happens, I think we'll see some movement of gas prices in the right direction, hopefully.
Politicians will just focus on the problem until they get reelected.
Basics - we need to produce more oil so we are not at the mercy of global price fluctuating and pressures.
We need efficient ways to get the oil to refineries.
We need more refineries, so shut downs don't put the supply in a tizzy.
No new refineries have been built since 1976. 45 years.
Not many communities want them for neighbors. (NIMBY)
Regulations add to the cost, time to permit them.
My thought, use old military bases. Lots of buffer land, most have pipeline access and tank farms.
Very few are in environmental critical zones.

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
Politicians will just focus on the problem until they get reelected.
Basics - we need to produce more oil so we are not at the mercy of global price fluctuating and pressures.
We need efficient ways to get the oil to refineries.

We need more refineries, so shut downs don't put the supply in a tizzy.
No new refineries have been built since 1976. 45 years.
Not many communities want them for neighbors. (NIMBY)
Regulations add to the cost, time to permit them.
My thought, use old military bases. Lots of buffer land, most have pipeline access and tank farms.
Very few are in environmental critical zones.
Our current president single handedly screwed that up as soon as I came into office when he shut down the Alaska Pipeline project that Trump had started.

Your idea of using old military bases, as potential sites for new oil refineries, is a good one.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we will see, politicians seem more interested in pot shots on tweeter than action these days. we have been leveraging the country for the past 12+ years, so if folks did not believe there was some reckoning was coming regarding inflation/economy, they dont understand the relavance of history. but I do not believe anyone saw the storm of what is going on today happening... but there are smarter people than me who should have. i'll get off my soapbox now..
We saw it. One of the reasons we moved to a rural area.
We have poultry, chickens, ducks, turkeys. Eggs, meat, trade.
Couple of pigs. Plans for wind power.
As soon as Biden got it, total realignment of my IRA.
Now I'll get off my soap box.
:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts