Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I not gonna explain many of these pics, because you get the idea.
They call it a skool, because to gain access you have to take part in
a hour long rules/regulations class from the property manager, Robocon aka Kelly.
I've been around a lot of property managers in my time,
but I have never been around someone so focused of Safe-Family-Friendly-Legal-Fun
as Robocon and every one of his dozen staff members. It's all about bringing your family.

After that is over there is a 20 minute class on proper winching/recovery techniques.
Instruction is given by Bob Crowe of http://www.onoffroad4wheeldrive.com
For most attendees it was nothing more than a refresher.

After the "skool" they offer 2 types of guided tours around the property.
One for novices that just got into wheeling and another for people with wheeling knowledge.
Both tours are good and cover much of the same ground. All groups have cb's so the
Trail Leaders can give info about the property. There are miles and miles of trails all
clearly marked for what type of vehicle you need to make it passable.

Here are some of the pics. On Sunday I forgot my camera and had to use a cell phone.
Here are 2 other links with many pics of the weekend. http://www.onandoffroad4wheeldrive.com/ and http://www.jeepskool.com/board/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=f6c627c89097b4ac4beb12b0bda6e9bf

I was also recognized by the staff as the first Commander owner to bring there rig to Jeep Skool.
They offer Jeep Skool the first weekend of every month when possible,
so I will likely be back on June 6th and 7th.

First victim of Sunday. This truck met it's demise on Robo Rox. I believe he tore out the front yoke
trying to climb some big rocks.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Looks like a great time. Great pics.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
They need JeepSkools all across the country. Looks like fun! Great pics! Which trails did you take?

·
Registered
391 Posts
That looks fun! Thanks for sharing. How did the XK performed?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I think he only asks in order to provide an opening for the rave reviews of its performance. But, we need more video.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do you even have to ask? :stickpoke:
I meant it in a very positive way.... I just wan't to know if the other people in the group was amazed how capable it is. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They need JeepSkools all across the country. Looks like fun! Great pics! Which trails did you take?
A few of the trails were closed because of the amount of water. All trails have now been repaired and ready for June 6th and 7th. I'll be there if anyone wants to meet up. There are only a few trails that a stock Commander couldn't make. If your truck is stock make sure you have skid plates and a decent set of tires (just good tread, not big offroad tires) and you'll have fun. Trails are wide enough that trail pinstripping isn't an issue, although I found a few.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts