Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeep Commanders get in free day! Well sort of. I am personally inviting all jeepcommander forum member to join me and [email protected] at the November jeepskool.com event.

I will be paying for all jeepcommander.com forum members and their vehicle (guests on their own, but it's only $10 for the whole weekend including camping!) that wants to join us.

If you choose to attend you'll first have to visit the jeepskool.com site, join the forum and read the rules. The down side is first time attendees must sit through a 1hr safety and property class hosted by Robocon, aka Kelly and Bob Crowe from On Off Road 4x4 Parts.

The site has all of the details. There truly is something for everyone at jeepskool.

http://www.jeepskool.com/

I'm not running a pole. I'm just trying to get more than 2 Commanders through the gates even if I have to pay. It's tough work setting these Wrangler and Cherokee owners staright about the capabilities of a Commander, but [email protected] and I our doing our best.

(The next 2-3 weeks are very busy for me at work, but I will try to log on each night and answer any questions you can't get answered.)

*******************UPDATE******************* October 30, 2009**************************

Local lodging: www.hiraminn.com is about 7 miles west in Hiram, OH and www.hiexpress.com is about 7 east in Newton Falls, OH

Wanna Meet Up?: www.chryslerjeepofnortholmsted.net // [email protected] and I will be leaving with a few other locals at 7:30am for anyone interested in convoying with us. address is 27500 Lorain Rd North Olmsted, OH 44070-4081

If not we will be staging at Haylett's BP on the corner of Rt.82 & Rt.44 in Mantua, OH at 8:30am before heading to the factory at jeep skool.

Really looking forward to wheeling with you guys and have a safe trip!!

I will shoot everyone attending my cell number plus we will be on CB channel 4. If you do not have a CB I suggest bringing a two way radio. They are pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Guys this park is awesome! While it may be no Badlands or Rausch Creek it is 1500 acres or fun. There are several challenging parts of the park that you will want at least a front skid plate and a lift, but that vast majority of the park is stock friendly. For those who like water there many water crossings. If you like sand there is a section of sand obstacles. If you like rock crawling there is a very nice section that will require armor. Come on let's see who is interested!

List of people attending:

Tymac
[email protected] +1 +camping
cico7

·
Registered
324 Posts
Put me down, looks like fun.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This sounds like fun. I'll have to think about this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
All,
This place is probably the best land that anyone can find in Ohio!!
I have been riding my dirt bike there for years. I live about 20 minutes away to the North East and the introduction of JeepSkool and ATV Skool have really been a hit.
Unfortunately for me and the bike, now a lot of people go there. Use to be a hidden spot for locals. GO HAVE FUN!!!!!! For me the place is just a lot more fun on (2) wheels. There is everything there, rock, mud, sand, hills (cliffs) and a river.
I may join in once I see my son's soccer and fall baseball schedules.......

·
Registered
422 Posts
Maybe I have missed something but where is jeepskool?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Maybe I have missed something but where is jeepskool?
It is located in NE Ohio near Mantua. Check out www.jeepskool.com for more info. Tymac and I have attended events here and it is the best LEGAL spot you will find in Ohio.

UPDATED List of people attending:

Tymac
cico7
my800
Swammy

Possible:

brendon
cqbennett

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Put me down as a possible; gotta check my schedule...

:banana_hitit:

·
Registered
887 Posts
UPDATED List of people attending:

Tymac
cico7
my800
Swammy

Possible:

brendon
cqbennett
CrunchyWizard

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think me and the wife might be up for this. Won't be 100% until it gets closer to time, but it sounds like fun!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This place has been great. I have a few videos from there posted on my Youtube account http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX61xcnys7s

You can also see a few others I posted. Plus I have a file with pics from a few of the Jeep Skool events this year located in my photo album on this site.

There is everything for stock vehicles to super modifieds. Your stockers can probably handle 70% of the property. Sand to mud to rock. River crossings, hill climbs, flooded trails and the list goes on. There is also a rock garden for the heavily armored.

Plus bring your fishing pole and guns, because there are 3 nice large ponds (flooded quarries) and a class 3 shooting range (must provide papers beforeyou can fire your full auto)that is open from noon to 4pm everyday. All at no extra charge.

Hope you can join us!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I wish I could make this one but it will be right after the October trip to RC and it think it will be too much to handle. Do they run skool all through the winter?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I wish I could make this one but it will be right after the October trip to RC and it think it will be too much to handle. Do they run skool all through the winter?
Last year they ran all the way through. This year there has been talk of shutting down in December and January. But this is not final yet.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RC isn't really a trip is it? I mean to say because you are so close.

I could sure use another Silver Commander in the group.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would love to go but due to work and money at this moment I can't. Maybe next year I'll go.
I think you replied to the wrong thread. This place isn't worth the drive from Washington, although the group coming is a lot of fun.

Keep your eye open for the next West Coast Camp Commander. Silverton was great, but Jacksonhole might be next.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Count me in pls.!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.