Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with a Jetchip Stage 1 on a 3.7L?

I am curious on adding this mod to my V6, but would love to hear any feedbacks from anyone that has done this already. I think a Stage 2 on the V6 would be pushing it too much, plus no one makes intakes or exhaust systems for this engine yet. I have a custom intake and removed filter box, but would like something more pro. The V6, at least with my mods, is very good accelerating from zero miles. If I can get some improvement in merging into highways at faster speeds, that would give me a valid reason to buy out my lease and keep it. Still far away from that anyway.

Thanks as always.

·
Registered
13 Posts
has anyboy tried the jet chip for the 3.7 as my title states. I was reading about it and just wanted to know if anyone has tried it first hand. thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing.. Just got my 2006 3.7L two weeks ago, and was interested in the Jet Chip, but haven't found any user reviews on the 3.7L

·
Registered
115 Posts
this is what a person at anythingauto.com said...

"Just installed the Jet module in my 2006 Jeep Commander 3.7 V6 about 2 weeks ago to get a little more punch. Not only is any increase in power unnoticeable my gas mileage went from 17.5 to 15.9. My next move is to get the induction system from K & N."

I also looked around at the LostKjs Forum (Liberty's: Same engine)

"The only reprogramming available that really works for the 3.7 is a flash from B&G Chrylser. When we dyno'd the Jet chip it actually lost 5 peak hp. Jet was kind enough to offer to make a custom chip for another $400, since the $250 chip I already purchased didn't work.

The Jet chip is either laying around in a drawer some place, or I threw it away out of disgust with the the product and poor treatment I received from Jet. Haven't thought about that POS in a long time and can't remember what I did with it."

Just to give you some ideas:eek:rangehat:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts