Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the JET Performance Chip Stage 1 or 2? If so, how do you like it?

-mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
there is a guy on streetjeeps.net and jeeps unlimited with a stage 2. he has a catback and a CAI. it cut a little over a second off his 1/4 mile time. pretty amazing if you ask me. he has some videos of it too. its a WK hemi, but as far as i can tell its almost the exact same vehicle as fas a running gear goes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know if it plugs into the data port under the dash, and what is involved in the procedure of installing and uninstalling?

-mike

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Never heard of anyone blowing engine parts from one. I ran one for 3 years and it didn't cause any problems for me. it just alters the fuel and the timing a little bit. i don't think it does enough to actually Blow engine Parts. What parts were blown from the engines? rod through the block or something? what trucks did this happen on? i had one on a 4.3 GMC and 6.0 GM Hummer (programmer) the 4.3 was Beat too death and its still running with over 100,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
This chip will not void the warranty. I just ordered one from AutoAnything. Free shipping and I got 10% off making it $207. I will give an update to this forum after I get it installed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It may be different with the hemi or the 4.7... but i had the jet chip stage II on my 99 4.0L wrangler and it didnt do ANYTHING... in fact with the stage II you need to use premium fuel, and install a 180 degree thermostat or else your engine will run waaay too hot. (at least in the wranglers case) I actually got worse mpg and no gains worth $250, +$35 for the 180 thermo, and the cost of running premium fuel..

just my $.02

-Jordan

·
Registered
120 Posts
your engine wont run any hotter without the 180 thermostat. its there to make you engine run cooler than stock to help keep you safe from detonation.

·
Registered
264 Posts
:( Well, I got my Jet Chip in Friday and can't install it until I call Jet as I have a chip plugged into to the OBD. Though it only collects data (23 channels of which you can monitor four. parental control chip), I still wonder if they will conflict.

·
Registered
264 Posts
First impressions: I installed my Jet Chip. I did the battery unplug for 30 minutes. The chip is VERY hard to push on (all the way). Make sure it is on or the check engine light will come on. Mine did. I drove pretty mildly and noticed "shift points" were much better. Did a couple of "romps" (0 to 60ish) and found the power curve around 35 to 60 MPH was improved too. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it a 7 but I am pleased with it. I will see if mpg improve next. While this a new install, I feel the XK computer also needs to "learn" this new addition. Idle is nicer and smother too.

·
Registered
556 Posts
setsail98-----What's it sound like? Loud, very loud? I have the K&N 63 and noticed a difference in sound and performance. Next thing will be the chip then the magnaflow(or vice versa). Just don't want it to be so loud it gets abnouxious. I know that the chip has not much to do with the sound, I just saw you had all three mods.

·
Registered
264 Posts
To be honest, it DOES have a "boss" sound. If you drive normal (does anyone?) it is tolerable. It does produce a rumble. If you floor it, it produces a beast.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts