·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
No.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jk bumper on commander

I would argue that any bumper can fit on the commander. Your only limited by how much custom fabrication your willing to do. A harbor freight welder, some power tools and some creative vision can get you pretty far. I fabricated a winch bumper for a Cherokee to fit my commander because I liked the look of it compared to available bumpers designed for our jeeps. It does require a willingness to custom fabricate but if you want something bad enough, the only that can stop you is YOU. I say if you want a jk bumper and think the look will fit your vision then make it happen. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
^ pics or it didn't happen !

·
2,248 Posts
The Steel Armadillo can make you one of these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
cherokee bumper on my commander

07jeepXK, I'm sorry I'm new here and as a truck driver who only has his phone as his internet, I'm not sure how to post photos in a discussion like this. I did post two albums in the photo gallery of the commander one specifically showcasing the bumper. If you need proof you can look there, but why would I lie about that? I'm sure you meant no disrespect but maybe asking to see pics because you would like to see some custom fab at work might make new members like myself feel more wanted and not like their getting in on the tail end of an elitist group. Just a thought. Also the bumper has a few more finishing touches left to do before it's complete, but being on the road I things move slowly because I can only work on it when I get home time. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
07jeepXK, I'm sorry I'm new here and as a truck driver who only has his phone as his internet, I'm not sure how to post photos in a discussion like this. I did post two albums in the photo gallery of the commander one specifically showcasing the bumper. If you need proof you can look there, but why would I lie about that? I'm sure you meant no disrespect but maybe asking to see pics because you would like to see some custom fab at work might make new members like myself feel more wanted and not like their getting in on the tail end of an elitist group. Just a thought. Also the bumper has a few more finishing touches left to do before it's complete, but being on the road I things move slowly because I can only work on it when I get home time. Thanks.
He didn't mean anything bad by it. "Pics or it didn't happen" is a saying we have here. It is customary to post pics when you make a claim such as yours.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
^ what he said

·
Registered
5 Posts
As I stated, I'm sure he meant no disrespect, but as a new member I had no idea that you guys have that saying. To me it just felt like he was calling me out a little at first. No harm no foul. As I'm sure you have seen there are pictures in the photo gallery and I think the bumper has turned out pretty nice so far. I have fabbed a bracket to fill a little of that gap under the headlights, and it includes a tab to reattach the lower headlight mount. I also have ordered the bull bar that protects the grill and offers lighting brackets. It shouldn't be much longer now and it will be finished. The point of all this is that if you want something bad enough you just have to go make it happen! If it isn't available yet that just means you will be the first to have it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
donovanf's gallery is here. Interesting idea for that bumper. Do you have any plans to fill in the gaps below the lights?

How are you liking the Superlift? Any issues?

·
2,248 Posts
Good looking bumper. Nice work. I see that you have made provisions for a winch. I chose to use a cradle mounted winch mostly because of exposure to the elements and exposure to sticky fingers.

It is nice to always have it available on the bumper and most commander owners do not have a rear storage compartment to keep the winch in. There are always pros and cons to different solutions. That is why having a forum helps us with new ideas.

By the way I posted the picture for the original poster to tell him where he could get a bumper if he was interested. Jon from The Steel Armadillo is a friend of mine but I have no financial interest in his company, just supporting a friend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LEKMEDM, the only issue with the superlift is it's not big enough. Lol. I want to run 35's eventually, but this is going to have to do for now. More lift is considerably further down the line. A rear bumper with tire carrier, ARB dual compressor for airing up tires and running air tools, RCV axles, a winch, I think there my next things to get. As for issues it has performed brilliantly for me up to this point. The limits are not due to the lift but to the lack of travel with IFS. A set of JBA coilovers and UCA's would go a long way towards solving that though.

Huey, I see your point about a cradle mounted winch and actually went back and forth over that. Ultimately I settled for the winch in the bumper so I don't lose any additional approach angle. I am leaning toward the steel armadillo rear bumper, or possibly the TAG bumper over custom fabbing another. It all depends on whats out there.

Thanks guys, the road beckons though. Later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts