Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I have a question about some JK rims. Now before people say use the search button I have but all references that I found refer to Rubicon rims. Would anybody know if normal Alum JK rims will fit on my 2008 Commander. I have a chance to pick up 5 tires and rims size 255/70R18 that are brand new take offs for $900.00. I will install a 2.5" lift just want to make sure the rims will work before forking over the cash.
Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
The 18" Jk stock wheels are 18x7.5 with a 45mm offset. These should bolt up the same as the 17x7.5 with a 45mm offset (Rubicon 17" wheels).

If you are meeting this person face to face, bring your Jack and test fit one. Then, of course, take pictures and post up what you found. :)

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hello guys I have a question about some JK rims. Now before people say use the search button I have but all references that I found refer to Rubicon rims. Would anybody know if normal Alum JK rims will fit on my 2008 Commander. I have a chance to pick up 5 tires and rims size 255/70R18 that are brand new take offs for $900.00. I will install a 2.5" lift just want to make sure the rims will work before forking over the cash.
Thanks
As far as I know the JK Sahara 18 inch wheels fit fine on the XK. However with that tire size you will mostlikely need wheel spacers to clear the ball joint bolt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the JK rim centre hits the front of the brake calipers on the front wheels.:ugh2:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the JK rim centre hits the front of the brake calipers on the front wheels.:ugh2:
Thats the 17 inch Rubicon wheels. Not the 18 inch Sahara wheels.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So, I have someone who wants to sell me (5) 2010 Sahara wheels with bridgestone dueler a/t 255 70R18 tires for $500 dollars. Seems like a awesome price. From what I have read on here there are some mixed words with putting these on the KX.

Some say they will only fit with spacers and a 2" lift, others say they will fit without the lift and spacers. I am in the market to buy bots mods but in need of the wheels first. Am I able to put these on the stock XK??

Does anyone have pictures of the Sahara edition wheels on their XK that they could share with me and some input on this would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
That's a 32 inch tire. I don't see how they would fit on a stock XK. And the spare will not fit in the normal spare location.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
X2 on what GP said. You would definately need at least a 2 inch spacer lift to run those wheels. Also, the only way you would be able to use that size for a spare is if you had a roof rack or threw the spare in the back of the XK.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks. I should have done some more research on the tires and not so much the wheels. The guy that I have been talking to about the wheels said that there is only 50-60 miles on the tires. Is $500 a good deal for this combo? I saw on e bay people selling them for over a thousand. If it is a good deal I guess that I may have to push the fact that we need a lift asap :)

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Ya thats not a bad price, i got the moab wheels from a buddy for 400.. I ran them for over 3 months without a lift. You will have to get spacers to make them fit thou. The JK wheels backspacing isn't enough for our commanders calipers, it will rub on the caliper if u don't install spacers.. Now with the 18in sahara wheels im not sure if u can run them or not, i would geuss that u won't without a lift as 07 mentioned... But whats wrong with a lift??? lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, that is what I'm saying. I just have to push the fact to my wife that now with the new wheels and tires that we are going to have to get the lift and spacers. It is more or less her everyday car since I have a company vehicle. But she is on bed rest right now due to her pregnancy and possibly for several more months.

I just have to sweet talk her into it. She gets what she wants so ill "try" and get what I want.:bowdown:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Wives are silly sometimes, they want baby formula and diapers. What's up with women, huh?:ugh2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts