Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that the Wrangler Rubicon wheels will fit the XK. On Tirerack.com , they list more wheels for a Wrangler than for the XK. Will they still fit the Commander ?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The stock JK wheels will fit the XK because the backspacing and offset are close to the same. Most of the aftermarket wheels they offer for the JK are meant to stand out much farther than the OEM wheels so the backspacing and offset are very different. I do not think that most of the aftermarket wheels will work on the XK because of the way the fenders are shaped. You have to looks closely to the numbers on the aftermarket wheels before you assume that all JK wheels will fit the XK.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
There are tons of them on ebay.

·
Registered
233 Posts
is that right ?
JK rubicon 17 " wheel fits on XK without spacer ?
a little bit confused.. as I know , need wheel spacer for XK in this forum.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
is that right ?
JK rubicon 17 " wheel fits on XK without spacer ?
a little bit confused.. as I know , need wheel spacer for XK in this forum.
The JK "Moab" rims fit the XK bolt pattern but have a ridge cast into the circumference of the wheel just inside the spokes that will not clear the front brake caliper on the '06 and '07 models without a spacer. But I think I read somewhere the '08's have a different caliper design and someone bolted up some JK rims without trouble. Anyone know for sure?

And the JK shares the same hub center flange diameter so if you bolt up JK rims to an XK with spidertrax spacers, they center nice and snug on the spacer flange, taking the load off the lugs as TR4Runner mentioned.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I just tried this out last night a set of 07 rubi wheels on a 08 commander, and sure enough the front wheels were rubbing the caliper pretty good the rear wheels however had no issues. So spacers are needed! Ordered mine today, just waiting on delivery ha ha...
I have been saying all along that the Rubi wheels wont fit on the Commander without spacers. [removed agumentative sentence, no need to start it up again]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts