Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics and the vids will follow.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The S10 was stock even down to the tires and it did unbelievably well. It took a little more of a beating but it did everything and still drove away. I have not found out if they made the 3 hour drive home. The 3rd Picture in my 3rd post I lost my rocker cover but it needed to come off anyway so it all worked out.

·
Registered
401 Posts
What a blast - I was also impressed by the Blazer!

I was not so lucky - I peeled back my diff cover and it's dripping onto my driveway as I type this. I also found a 1-inch gash in my sidewall - luckily I made it home OK between those two minor things...

Here are a few more pics. I also have vids and will post them soon. Note that for most of Saturday there were two groups that went out - one had adamag25 and GetNBy, the other group had 07JeepXK and myself. Hence all the pics of wranglers (from wranglerforum.com) and the FJ, who was recruited by 07 from a NY gas station.

07 getting some flex:

Getting mine as well:

FJ in a mud pit. He nearly got stuck even with the big mudders. He complained more than once about the lack of power in the V-6 to get him through the muck:

07 taking in the view:

Group shot:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pics! Haags first two pics really show a accurate depiction, That section of that trail is every bit of nasty. There is a deeply rutted out area that extends down that his a ways. My wife and I hit that trail today (Sunday) and even her CJ was lifting tires pretty bad at that spot. Not to mention the steep decent at the end of the trail.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Looks like a sweet time off road. Nice pics Adam. So envious of you all getting out and having a good time. Looking forward to getting back out myself soon.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Haags, if only you had purchased my spare Extreme Ring Diff protector before the trip...

Glad you made it back with no real issues.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I just got back. The FJ Cruiser ended up breaking his passenger side lower control arm on Camel Back (Black Trail) so we spent about two hours welding it back together using a piece of tube and some angle iron. We made it home with no problems and it held up really well.

I will post some pictures tomorrow as I have to charge my camera.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Haags, if only you had purchased my spare Extreme Ring Diff protector before the trip...

Glad you made it back with no real issues.
Too funny - I was very close to sending you a PM about it. Then I decided to order a Rocky Road instead, and they sent me the wrong one (which I described on another thread). I ended up with nothing, and of course that's what I ended up needing the most! Although I must say the sliders were awesome...

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Haags, isnt that Murphy's Law. I was planning on mov ing my air intake away from the front as I thought it to be a weak spot and as I had started collecting parts and planning...bam, hydrolocked the engine.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My camera died about 2 hours into the trip and the wife forgot to bring the charger so we were only able to get a few pictures. We ran mostly blue trails all weekend along with a couple blacks.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

Bambi

1 - 20 of 67 Posts