Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm now a new member of the forum, and I am glad I found it. I'm not that young, lol , and have had one Jeep Grand Cherokee now for about 15 yrs. Been around jeeps for a long time and hope that I can contribute, but I'm sure the wisdom in here on the Jeep Commander I'm buying, will be of a great help and beyond my knowledge of the Commander. The forum has already helped me, in that it has the Trail Ready tag (which is what I wanted for my use... I let little stop me ) was really Trail Ready and the Quadra-Drive II version. It does have the 4X4LO, the skids plates, tow hook, etc. ... so I take it that it is legite per what I read on the forum. I will also do a VIN verification when I can get the VIN. It is the 4.7L with a tow pkg. I would have liked the 5.7 HEMI, but I couldn't find one that hasn't already taken several trips to China and back ... based upon the mileage they have put on them.

People just don't understand a lot of times, the difference between a "JEEP" owner, and an SUV owner. And even if you explain it, unless they are one, they just don't "get it".

I'm giving it up my present one, but not letting it go. My granddaughter, learned to drive with it and although she's driven all types of cars at this point , to get a feel for them and what she likes, she goes back to my Jeep Grand Cherokee (my girl... lived with me for years). She loves off road.
Her comment is always ... "but it's not a Jeep... ya know what I mean".
When she told her friends why she wanted it, their response... "we should have known... that fits you perfectly .... " .

So, I told her.... if I could find a Commander (which I've liked) then I would let her have the Grand Cherokee to drive and have, with the condition she can never sell it.... if she decides she wants something else at some point, I'll give her an allowance towards the other car and take this one back. It's not going anywhere until the bolts rust and the wheels fall off.

So ... what did she do ? Started looking at ads on Jeep Commander's for sale and showing them to me. I got the point. Now, by next Tuesday it should be sitting in my driveway.... which she doesn't know yet. So, after a couple of days to take care of insurance and other matters .... about next Thursday .... she may get a surprise ... " a set of keys" to a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Glad to be among people who understand ... "because it's a JEEP".

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will see many of us have had multiple Jeeps, gets in your blood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts