Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the RR 2.25 lift on last weekend, it was killing me not to get new tires. So I found a local shop that gave me a good deal on some BFG AT KM's 255/75/17.

My lift from Rocky Road included the shocks.. I love the new suspension. It feels like a Jeep should feel, firm!

I have a slight rubbing issue with both tires but it's not preventing me from driving. I will have to use a heat gun to mold the wheel well a bit but it's not a major issue.

The tire shop busted one of the valve inserts with the tire pressure sensor (not sure of the name) in the valve on one tire. I'll have to get a replacement from Jeep. Anyone know how much that might cost?

Check out the link for pics.. See if you can pick out my partner in crime in the pics. ;)

http://www.esnips.com/web/JeepCommander

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tires and lift look great, did you need spacers to keep the stock wheels? Looking to do same with my 08 and want to keep the stock gray wheels.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I used spacers. 1.25 I believe. I've had the spacers on for about a year now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks. Can't wait to get the commander up in the air, even my wife is urging me, and she's the one who drives it daily.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if you noticed or not but I installed those cheap mesh grill inserts from ebay for $8. It's nothing spectacular but it definitely adds a custom look to the grill. I've had a lot of people notice it. It's better than the dub grill insert for over $400.

·
Registered
953 Posts
djmaro76 said:
The tire shop busted one of the valve inserts with the tire pressure sensor (not sure of the name) in the valve on one tire. I'll have to get a replacement from Jeep. Anyone know how much that might cost?
On eBay you can find single sensors in the $20-$30 range.

I just bought a whole set of 4 new ones for a winter setup for $77 including shipping.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looking good. Just like a Jeep should look. Nice bulldog. The Marine Corps mascot!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts