Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone 馃憢
I jus purchased a 2006 Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi Limited edition for a real good deal (700 Dollars) Got the title signed and notarized to me. The only issue is, is it doesn鈥檛 start. The guy I brought it from was in Florida visiting when it broke down. He said it was pouring down rain when the car wouldn鈥檛 start and that it was driving perfectly fine before the issue. He had to towed to the bar where I was working at when I brought the vehicle. I was hoping to get some insight on my current situation on what might be wrong with it and how to get it goin. I brought a new battery yesterday and put it in and it only clicks once when I try to start it. Any information would be helpful

Registered
You can sit in your commander and do the key dance. Turn key on three times with out holding to start, it will give you codes if any or tell if there are none. Otherwise, Commanders are notorious for corrosion on the yellow wire at the starter. You will need to remove the skid plate to access it, if you have them. I also found that if you are stuck some place away from home/mechanic that sometimes it will start after numerous tries. This is not a fix but a band aid. It will come back to haunt you. you need to clean the terminal and spray wit dielectric grease.

Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
@Antwan
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.
(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->2008 Owner's Manual

Reactions: Big Blue

Administrator
Hey everyone 馃憢
I jus purchased a 2006 Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi Limited edition for a real good deal (700 Dollars) Got the title signed and notarized to me. The only issue is, is it doesn鈥檛 start. The guy I brought it from was in Florida visiting when it broke down. He said it was pouring down rain when the car wouldn鈥檛 start and that it was driving perfectly fine before the issue. He had to towed to the bar where I was working at when I brought the vehicle. I was hoping to get some insight on my current situation on what might be wrong with it and how to get it goin. I brought a new battery yesterday and put it in and it only clicks once when I try to start it. Any information would be helpful
Welcome to the forum @Antwan;

Since you already replaced the battery, I'd replace the starter next and have the alternator checked and make sure it's good.

@Creek 's suggestion of doing the key dance to see if there are any codes is also a very good idea.

Registered
Check that yellow wire for corrosion as suggested, if that doesn't work replace the starter.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts