Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a "new" '06 Commander Limited 4X4 with a Hemi with what I believe to be every option available. I haven't taken delivery of it yet, as they have a few issues to fix before I can take it home. Should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. I've been looking around the forum at all the threads and have learned a lot about the Commander. This is my first Jeep and I'm very excited to drive it. I bought it for casual four-wheeling, towing, and to have another reliable vehicle. But what kinds of things should I expect when owning a Commander? Good or bad. Let's hear it.

BTW, anybody have the option list for this model year? I'd love to know what came standard and what was an option. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You have the Hemi, so if you have the QDII transmission and the rear DVD player you probably have it all. Make sure you can put in 4WD low before taking delivery. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MPG will suck. Not sure how much you drive but you'll be at the gas station twice per week if you drive a decent amount.

I just got mine January. I have the QDII, HEMI and I've learned if you drive steady around 45 and get the ECO going you're MPG will climb to about 20. I got it as high as 19.6 before I had to stop at a red light.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I once found a link where I was able to download the build sheet for my Commander but I couldn't find it again to share. I did find this link where you enter your information and you can request a build sheet. Request Build Sheet - Jeep.

As Hulapie said, I too quickly realized the Hemi is a gas guzzler but just keep an eye on the fuel economy during long drives and try to stay as much as possible in Fuel Saver mode and you can definitely see just over 20MPG on the highway. I accomplished it once but you pretty much have to drive like a granny and stay on the far right lane lol. Otherwise Hemis rule and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome vehicle. I have an '06 Hemi myself and bought it originally to replace a '91 Suburban with 35" tires and a 6" lift to tow a trailer and off road with. I quickly discovered that i can do all that my chevy did and throw my wife in the passanger seat and take her to a classy resturant as well.
The Hemi is a blast to drive as well.

BTW the only option you probably don't have is the block heater, that seems to be a rare edition even in the Northern states. After last winter, i seriously considered throwing one on, it just presses into a pocket in the side of the block.

Make sure 4W low works, check the inside door handle cups for cracks (easy fix, not a big deal) and any unusual noise. Enjoy the Commander and welcome to the board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts