Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new to this forum and to jeeps. I just bought a 2007 Jeep Commander 4.7L 4x4 a few weeks ago and have a few questions already. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what axles i have in the front and rear. (ie. dana 35) I have the quadratrac II and was looking to install a locker in the rear possibly. Also can some one tell me the width of our stock wheels, i know there 17 inches tall. Thanks

P.S. I searched but didnt find what i was looking for!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
07JeepXK said:
Hello everyone im new to this forum and to jeeps. I just bought a 2007 Jeep Commander 4.7L 4x4 a few weeks ago and have a few questions already. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what axles i have in the front and rear. (ie. dana 35) I have the quadratrac II and was looking to install a locker in the rear possibly. Also can some one tell me the width of our stock wheels, i know there 17 inches tall. Thanks

P.S. I searched but didnt find what i was looking for!
I believe they use corporate axles front and rear unless you have 2WD and the Hemi. I doubt you will find available lockers for them.

I believe the wheels are 17 x 7.5"

·
Registered
398 Posts
All 4x4 Commanders have a Chrysler Corporate C213R rear axle also known as the 8 1/4" (the front axle is a Chrysler Corporate C200F). 213 is the ring gear diameter in mm and the front is 200 mm - that's actually about 8 3/8" for the rear and 7 7/8" for the front.

The 3.7L was available with 3.07 axles with the single speed transfer case and with 4x2 and with 3.55 axles with the 2-speed transfer case.

The 4.7L/5.7L all have 3.73 axles.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome 07JeepXK, Nice to have another member in the club

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I appreciate it a lot. I know my jeep has front and rear open differentials so I wanted to install a Powertrax No-slip in the rear end. Looks like I wont be able to with those axles. I had one just recently in my 2004 Ford Ranger Edge and it was amazing.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I suggest you call some of the manufacturers of lockers and limited slips. There may not be any REAL lockers available but I have to feel there are limited slip ones available since the QuadraDrive comes with them in both front and rear axles. Since I dont see the Commander as a hard core offroader a good limited slip, preferably gear driven rather then clutch plates, ought to suffice for your needs. john

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm changing the topic just a little bit. Does anybody know where can I buy a rear differential guard for the the Commander?

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info, Hemi. I'm also interested in some form of LS unit for the rear so I can do some mild trails w/o needing a locker. For the rough stuff that's what my Bronco II is for.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome 07JeepXK !! Good to have you here, lots of nice folks....
-Hemi

·
Registered
269 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts