Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone;

I'm from Victoria BC Canada, and I just picked up a 2007 Commander 5.7L QD2. At around 94,700 kms it's pretty low mileage, and seems to have been treated very well over the last 12 years. I've been reading up on some of the things you can do to these vehicles, and I can't wait to make this car my own.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
Hello everyone;

I'm from Victoria BC Canada, and I just picked up a 2007 Commander 5.7L QD2. At around 94,700 kms it's pretty low mileage, and seems to have been treated very well over the last 12 years. I've been reading up on some of the things you can do to these vehicles, and I can't wait to make this car my own.
Welcome to the forum, @Erebus77! There is a to of info here about XKs (Commanders). You will learn a lot and find out how to fix most common problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the forum Erebus77, thanks for stopping by and signing up. What are your immediate and down the road plans for your commander?
Looking forward to hearing more from you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum Erebus77, thanks for stopping by and signing up. What are your immediate and down the road plans for your commander?
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Well, my immediate plans are to get rid of the drug-dealer 22" rims that it came with, and go back to stock for now. I've been reading through the forum here and people seem to have found that the aFe Stage 2 cold-air intake works very well, so I might save my pennies for that. Other tweaks like the chrome gas cap and 5.7 hemi engine dress-up kit are cheap things I can do to make the car my own.

Down the road I definitely want to put in a 2" lift, more aggressive wheel/tire package, and maybe even a bumper upgrade.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Hello everyone;

Welcome to the forum @Erebus77;

Post some pics of your Commander when you can; Here are some links if you want to order any parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.com/store/account/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwiYG9BRCkgK-G45S323oSJABnykKAhh8eDfktvKOcXIbZZtyM9MiasWVk-Mba45s2yxNrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

JeepSteel Custom Bumpers - https://www.jeepsteel.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2006?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2Fen%2Fcatalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read the new member required reading below if you haven't done so already; lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Well, my immediate plans are to get rid of the drug-dealer 22" rims that it came with, and go back to stock for now. I've been reading through the forum here and people seem to have found that the aFe Stage 2 cold-air intake works very well, so I might save my pennies for that. Other tweaks like the chrome gas cap and 5.7 hemi engine dress-up kit are cheap things I can do to make the car my own.

Down the road I definitely want to put in a 2" lift, more aggressive wheel/tire package, and maybe even a bumper upgrade.
Have that on my 4.7L, I'm quite happy with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the post with all the links Big Blue; the link to download the build sheet was particularly useful. The pics of your engine bay look great. Does the aFe intake change the note of the engine a lot?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome aboard I believe you will find all your answers here- as I am a newbie and have learned tons and have been helped by fellow members on this site.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Thanks for the post with all the links Big Blue; the link to download the build sheet was particularly useful. The pics of your engine bay look great. Does the aFe intake change the note of the engine a lot?
No problem at all.

I assume by note, you mean the sound? You can hear the engine breathing a little more, but other than that, I'd say no.

The 3 1/2 inch AFE stainless steel cat-back exhaust, drastically changed the sound of the engine, giving it that nice deep rumble, even at idle - but not obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yep, I'm hoping to make it sound more.. Hemi-ish I guess? I looked at the aFe webpage, and it looks like their exhaust for the Commander is only for the 4.7L. I'm sure that other vendors will sell something similar for the 5.7L though. Just another thing to save my pennies for I suppose!

It's just new-car excitement for me right now. I'm not the sort of person to switch cars every couple of years; I had my last vehicle since 2003! It's nice to roll in something a little more modern. Now if only I could get an aux input for the stereo...

And truth be told, the pimp-rims aren't toooo bad, if you're just rolling around town. But rolling around town isn't what Jeeps are for, now is it.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Yep, I'm hoping to make it sound more.. Hemi-ish I guess? I looked at the aFe webpage, and it looks like their exhaust for the Commander is only for the 4.7L. I'm sure that other vendors will sell something similar for the 5.7L though. Just another thing to save my pennies for I suppose!

It's just new-car excitement for me right now. I'm not the sort of person to switch cars every couple of years; I had my last vehicle since 2003! It's nice to roll in something a little more modern. Now if only I could get an aux input for the stereo...

And truth be told, the pimp-rims aren't toooo bad, if you're just rolling around town. But rolling around town isn't what Jeeps are for, now is it.
Yeah, you and I are similar in that regard, I don't switch vehicles very often and I plan on keeping this one for as long as I can. I like not having any car payments to deal with.

I've sunk so much into upgrades, it just doesn't make any sense to get rid of it - I'd probably put a new engine & tranny in it down the road, if it came down to it. For now, she seems to still have plenty of life left at just barely over 100,000 miles and as long as I have this job, I'm putting maybe 1,000 miles a year on her at best, some years less than that.

I know Gibson, Flowmaster, Magnaflow & I believe Borla all make cat-back exhaust systems for the Hemi. You shouldn't have any problem finding something that will you that Hemi-rumble you're looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts