Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I had a 1999 Diesel Suburban for 5 years but sold that in 2013.
Have just bought my first Jeep, a 2007 Commander 3.0 CRD with just 60,000 miles on the clock.
I made an 850 mile round trip to buy it and it drove very smoothly.

According to the service book and previous owner it had an oil & oil filter & air filter change just 1,000 miles previously.
Air filter looks brand new but to be safe I intend to change the engine oil & oil filter again to make sure it has correct C3 5W/30 Oil protecting the motor.

Being a 60,000 miler now, I am planning on changing transfer box NV245 Fluid, Automatic Transmission fluid, filter & gasket and the front & rear differential oils and friction additive.
Best to be on the safe side as I plan to keep this Commander for a good few years.

Is it best to remove the rear Diff cover rather than just suctioning the old oil out? I guess just another hour's labour time?

Also when changing the Serpentine Belt, what about the kits that have a belt tensioner and 2 pulley wheels in the set. Would you advise me to change those or just inspect them first when I remove the belt?
The existing belt appears to run quite smoothly, but I had one strip on my Suburban and got stranded before, so just taking precautions.

Sorry for a long first post but hope you don't mind

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it did take a few weeks to find this one and had a long trip to collect it but it was worth it. Had the Sunroof, Boston Premium Audio etc as well as low miles so a good deal me thinks:smile2:

·
Banned
10 Posts
58rocker, not sure about your question but as a new owner a few months back of an 06 with 70k miles, i do have some advice on these cars. first, there is a design flaw in the drain lines on the sunroof going down the sides of the front driver and passenger side. a quick 30 min fix explained in this video can solve a ton of problems with water leaking

also, i have noticed a hard down shift at 25 mph when breaking. there is apparently a 3rd to 1st gear shift on these transmissions which is expected. some people think that is an issue and try to have it serviced but is normal.

i would also take it to a dealer and have them do a recall check on your vin. there are two major recalls for the ignition and programming that will give you peace of mind if you know they were performed.

i love my commander but definitely learned from this forum what you need to watch out for! welcome to the club!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts