Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 06 commander about 3 weeks ago, I did both diffs and transfer case today, no issue other than 2qts of mopar tcase fluid didnt seem like enough. It was not over flowing and you cant feel inside because of the fork anyone else have this issue? Should I go buy another bottle and fill it up or am i all good.

·
Super Moderator
15,187 Posts
From the 2006 Owner's Manual:

Transfer Case

Fluid Level Check
Inspect the transfer case for fluid leaks. If a fluid leak is
found, the transfer case fluid level can be checked by
removing the filler plug located on the back side of the
transfer case. The fluid level should be at the bottom edge
of the filler plug hole when the vehicle is in a level
position.

Adding Fluid
Add fluid at the filler hole until it runs out of the hole
when the vehicle is in a level position.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hmmm two quarts was always enough for my transfer case and have fluid come out the full hole. Are you sure your parked on level ground

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did then I drove a little parked and checked again just for good measure still not to the fill plug, Im guessing it is super close im not to worried about driving it to work and then the dealer tomorrow to get more fluid. Im guessing it wont take much.

·
Registered
451 Posts
A tip that I will share;

Whenever I change fluids for the first time in a vehicle I'm unfamilier with I always drain into a clean pan and measure it before I dump it then jot it down in my notes about the vehicle. Just refill with the same amount of the proper fluid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It took about 3 more ounces to bad the dealer charges 14.00 for a quart I guess i have extra for next time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
had the same thing happen with mine. 2 quarts put the level within about 1/8th of an inch under the fill hole. I actually bought another quart and went back to the guy who does my diffs and t-case. Once he measured the level (with a zip tie), he said it was fine and to not waste money on another quart, so I returned it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts