Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been reading and seeing where people are running a 255/75R17 with a 2" RC lift. Just how much would it rub. I do not have the pinch weld mod done and want to stay away from it if possible. The specs on my wheels are in my signature. Any and all in put would be great.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You will most likely need to do the pinch weld mod. It's very easy. What's the reasoning on not wanting to do it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Probably because it looks like a PITA... at least that's why I never wanted to do it LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you can change a flat tire you can do the pinch weld mod haha it's very easy!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I have the same wheels but with 265/70. I wouldn't run them without doing the pinch weld mod. Like 07jeepXK said its an easy mod just time consuming.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EXCATLY Nitemare3219...BUT I WAS LOOKING TODAY AND I NEED TO REPLACE MY FOG LIGHTS IN THE BUMPER AND THE ONLY WAY I CAN DO THAT IS TO TAKE OUT WHEEL WELL MOLDING...SO I GUESS WHEN I GO AND TACKLE THAT PROJECT I WILL GO ON AHEAD AND DO THE PINCH WELD MOD...I WAS JUST TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM HAVING TO DO ANYTHING TO THE JEEP...THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR POST.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
EXCATLY Nitemare3219...BUT I WAS LOOKING TODAY AND I NEED TO REPLACE MY FOG LIGHTS IN THE BUMPER AND THE ONLY WAY I CAN DO THAT IS TO TAKE OUT WHEEL WELL MOLDING...SO I GUESS WHEN I GO AND TACKLE THAT PROJECT I WILL GO ON AHEAD AND DO THE PINCH WELD MOD...I WAS JUST TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM HAVING TO DO ANYTHING TO THE JEEP...THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR POST.
You don't have to take out the wheel well liners to replace the fog lights. There is an access door in the liner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't have to take out the wheel well liners to replace the fog lights. There is an access door in the liner.

I am needing to replace the whole assy. I just figured it would give me more room by taking the liner out. plus one of my access is broke and I have it held on with mining tape.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I pulled both fog lights just by going underneath, without taking the liner OR access out. It isn't hard at all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
not to threadjack, but is there a step by step of the pinch weld mod anywhere? I did a search and only coming up with posts with it mentioned. I just ordered my RR lift and want to do the mod at the same time. thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks Matt!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts