Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 06 XK Limited. Drove 400 miles round trip to buy one that was set up like I wanted. Now I need to learn all the features it has. I have owned lots of Jeeps over the years but this is my first XK. I also have an 89 Grand Wagoneer that is in great condition that I have just for fun. In the past, I have had several CJ's and TJ's, a Cherokee, and several Grand Cherokees. Never been disappointed with any of them. Lots of great memories with them. Looking forward to asking some questions as I get more familiar with my Limited.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Just picked up a 06 XK Limited. Drove 400 miles round trip to buy one that was set up like I wanted. Now I need to learn all the features it has. I have owned lots of Jeeps over the years but this is my first XK. I also have an 89 Grand Wagoneer that is in great condition that I have just for fun. In the past, I have had several CJ's and TJ's, a Cherokee, and several Grand Cherokees. Never been disappointed with any of them. Lots of great memories with them. Looking forward to asking some questions as I get more familiar with my Limited.
Welcome to the forum PaulD;

Here are 2 things I would do straight away;

1) Assuming that your Limited is a 4WD capable model, (you didn't state if it was or not - nor did you mention what power-train it has) check right away that you can shift into and out of 4-LOW without any problems.

2) Go to the website below and plug in your VIN to see if all the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed:

Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

If there are any factory recalls or campaigns that have not been completed - that should be your very first order of business.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the guidance. I checked my VIN and the MOPAR website and it appears that all the recalls have been taken care of for my Commander. I bought a one owned rig and it appears that previous owner kept maintenance up to date.
I also tested the 4Lo and it shifted in/out with no problem. Only known problem I need to work on is TPMS related. Says spare is low but it is actually OK.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Thanks for the guidance. I checked my VIN and the MOPAR website and it appears that all the recalls have been taken care of for my Commander. I bought a one owned rig and it appears that previous owner kept maintenance up to date.
I also tested the 4Lo and it shifted in/out with no problem. Only known problem I need to work on is TPMS related. Says spare is low but it is actually OK.
Good news on the recalls and campaigns.

I don't think that TPMS issue is a big deal.

Probably just need to replace the sensor in the spare.

·
Registered
104 Posts
welcome aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts