Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had caught the Jeep bug again and picked up a 2006 65th Anniversary Edition Commander a couple nights ago. Almost instantly I felt the need to add some accessories!

The first thing I want to do is add a lift and I think I've settled on the Rocky Road 2.25" kit - will probably be ordering it in the next day or so. My intial plan is to run the stock tires until they get a little more worn and then upgrade to something a little more aggresive.

I'm not interested in trimming the plastic or modifying the pinch weld so it looks like I'll be stuck with something in the 245-255 range. I found a set of new Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs that looks interesting and I also am interested in the Nitto Terra Grapplers.

What does everyone recommend for rims? I'm looking for something I don't have to polish all the time. I just got rid of my 2006 GMC Sierra that had chrome 20's and they looked good but were high maintenace - not wanting that again!

Anyways, looking forward to the information that this forum provides. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Also I'll get some pictures posted - tomorrow is supposed to be real nice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im kinda in the same boat. I keep goin back and forth between the Rocky road kit and the rough country. I kinda like the rear metal spacer on the rc kit better tho, and the kit is cheaper.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Westy - if you are lookin at new rims as well get something with like 4.5" of backspace and then you can run 265/70/17 with a leveling lift...I like the black wheel look alot on SUV's...specifically XD's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VTCmndr - I do plan on getting rims most likely when it's time for tires so thanks for the heads up. If i run a rim with 4.5" of backspacing will this eliminate the need for wheel spacers?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GPintheMitten - Thanks for the welcome! I did find the stickies and have spent a good amount of time looking over the wealth of data out there. That's where I came up with the tire size I did without having to modify the fenders in any way. Looks like there is a lot of options for lifts!

·
Registered
183 Posts
VTCmndr - I do plan on getting rims most likely when it's time for tires so thanks for the heads up. If i run a rim with 4.5" of backspacing will this eliminate the need for wheel spacers?
Yes...that's whats so nice.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As promised here's a pick of the new ride. More to come as the mods start happening!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Today, I painted the quarter and rear bumper on a Patriot that was dark khaki. I never really payed much attention to that color before but I kind of like it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it - it's got a ton of metallic in it, that's for sure.

Also - just ordered my lift! Went with the Rocky Road 2.25" kit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice XK for sure...it'll look even sweeter with that lift on it...any ideas on wheels yet?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not a 100% sure on wheels but I've been looking at the Pro Comp Series 7289's. Just not sure how they would look on there. I need to keep doing some looking to figure out what to get for sure.

Here's the pro comps I was looking at...

I am diggin' the new Duratrac and the new MTR's with kevlar from Goodyear - I'll probably go with one of those when the time comes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts