Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 22's put on they look amazing... since I've been addicted to this website I am going to buy a digital camera today so I will get pictures as soon as I can. But I got the panther 519's. I have been getting so many compliments on it since I got them, I even went and got the car and wheels waxed :D

Also, today I ordered the K & N intake, and the Viper 719 alarm with 4 extra sensors (tilt, audio, proximity, and shock) and a extra horn...

I will keep you all posted....

·
Registered
14 Posts
welcome to the 22" club. That was a j/k by the way. I think the commander was made for 22" rims, it just looks right, i put pics of mine up if you want to scope it out. Post some pics. I call mine the H wagon, in reference to the Merc G wagon, if you get it your cool, if you dont, well... Anyways, have to see it

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 22's you chose are tight...black intertwined with the chrome just looks sick....I just bought my commander last week and am looking for rims eventually. Did you buy locally? If not, any advice on websites, etc? Also - how can I tell which rims will fit my commander? Is there a certain size to look for?

Thanks for your time....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in Houston, the chances of me going off roading are slim to non plus im not very outdoor like so no camping. The only offroading my moms Land Rover sees are the occasional curb check and when we want to get off the freeway before the exit.. OH and the occasional golf court tearing. But yeah I have the land rover to drive on rocks :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 22's are incredible, but my question is actually about the tint. Im not from Texas, but what % are those front windows? It looks amazing and I was wondering what kind of tint you had put on. I was told by a buddy of mine to get 20% smoke tint to make it look factory.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's 20% in the front, the legal here is 35% for the front :D and the rear doesn't matter so I just got limo I wanted DOUBLE LIMO but the installer told me I wouldnt be able to see outside... but whatever yeah its 20% in the front straight black... it's perfect...

·
Registered
18 Posts
good stuff man, gotta love the black on duce 2's!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey man I just got mine and I am looking at wheels now. I am a outdoors person but I refuse to put a 30,000+ vehicle in the mud and rocks. I am still might go with the lifted look but am leaning towards the 22"s. Yours looks great man, excellent choice. Do you have any rubbing issues?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the rims, I just don't think any vehicle with bigger rims looks right without dropping it. Congrats nonetheless, rims look good

·
Registered
132 Posts
sharky481232 said:
I just had my 22's put on they look amazing... since I've been addicted to this website I am going to buy a digital camera today so I will get pictures as soon as I can. But I got the panther 519's. I have been getting so many compliments on it since I got them, I even went and got the car and wheels waxed :D

Also, today I ordered the K & N intake, and the Viper 719 alarm with 4 extra sensors (tilt, audio, proximity, and shock) and a extra horn...

I will keep you all posted....
Do you get the blinking light that states your tire pressure needs to be serviced? When I got my 22" wheels that happened and the dealership said that normal because the factory tires have sensors in the valve stems and aftermarket wheels do not. I also asked them if this will damage the sensor unit and they said it wouldn't!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Getsome1215 said:
Do you get the blinking light that states your tire pressure needs to be serviced? When I got my 22" wheels that happened and the dealership said that normal because the factory tires have sensors in the valve stems and aftermarket wheels do not. I also asked them if this will damage the sensor unit and they said it wouldn't!
Shouldn't you be able to put the factory valve stems in your new setup?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.