Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a newbie here and am in the process of finalizing a deal for a new Commander. My problem is once I test drove one I had to have one and so I am trading my 04 Durango for a black limited. Dont get me wrong I really like my Durango but again once I drove the jeep it was over..haha. My dealer has to try and find me the vehicle I want since he doesnt have any in stock that I like. I want a black limited with saddle seats...hemi engine...and polished chrome wheels...thats all!! So tomorrow the search begins. Just wanted to ask everyone what they like or dislike about their Commander....anything you would change and what are the great features about it??? Any info is appreciated....thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you have a Bluetooth phone, then get the uConnect. If you don't have a Bluetooth phone, then get one and then get the uConnect. :D

The NAV is both awesome and well integrated with the uConnect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good luck! I wanted the same thing, but as sson as you add a Hemi, saddle brown seats to a black limited the are all loaded. The nearest one they could find was 8 states away. Even then they at least added NAV or the intertainment package. now that I have everything I really enjoy it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well they found me one in Michigan ...about 90 miles from here. It doesnt have the polished wheels which I wanted but can live without and it has the two package which I really dont need but again can live with...told them to go get it and let me know when it is ready. You are right zim trying to find one with saddle seats is virtually impossible ...at least around here.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You won't regret it. I have the black Limited with grey interior (Hemi, NAV, rear DVD). Looks great. Saddle would be nice, but WAY out of place in a black car!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The saddle brown seats look great on the black Commanders. The color contrast with the light tan on the doors etc. mak the interior look awesome.:confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think the saddle brown must look good with every color. I have the inferno red and was hesitant to get it with the brown but now I am glad I did. I have seen it with white, black, red, and dark khaki and it always looks cool.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got saddle brown with white. I figured white would be one of the worst colors to have with saddle brown but it is awesome! In my mind black would be the best combination.

·
Registered
192 Posts
OOOOOOKKKKKK! I stand corrected! Didn't have the choice anyway. Either buy the Ltd they had on the lot or wait for am ordered one. After test driving it, I just couldn't wait! Not sorry, though, except I really wanted UConnect. Oh well!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got some bad news....my deal fell through...the dealer in Michigan will not deal with my local dealer on the black one that I wanted....so back to the drawing board. One thing about it I gotta have the saddle seats and I think it looks great in alot of colors. I might open myself up to more color choices instead of sticking just with black...I really like the dark khaki too and frankly alot of them look nice. Didnt realize it was going to be such a hassle finding what I want. Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

In the end you may conclude as I did that it's more important to get it exactly the way you want and just order it. Mine took only 5 weeks to get to Florida.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I ordered mine because the one I wanted did not exist. It took exactly 4 weeks to get and I am glad I waited. For the money I paid, I wanted one with only the options I needed and wanted. Most had rear air and since I see us hardly ever using the rear seat why spend $600 on that option.
This is the first new Jeep I have owned and I plan on driving it until it's paid off. The Commander is like the perfect Jeep for us. When the new GC came out last year I was ok with it but not in love. I probably would of bought one but wasn't getting that excited about it. The Commander LOOKS like a Jeep is supposed to!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well another update on the "jeep search" ....my dealer found another black one with the saddle seats in Indiana. The only problem is it has more options on it and therefore the sticker is around $2,000.00 higher on it. Sooooo he gave me a deal on that truck but wants $1,000.00 more then my original trade offer. I just told him match my original offer and you have a deal....he is supposed to call me back this morning...we will see what happens???? Again, I may have to go the ordering route but will exhaust all other ways first.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The jeep in Indiana fell through also...the dealer will not trade with mine. What goes here? This is getting to be rediculous...here I am a guy who wants to buy one and no one will work with my dealer. Yes I know I could go the ordering route but if I do I am not guaranteed the 0% financing which is something I do want. By the way, my dealer did come halfway on me so I took the last deal but now it is just finding a black Commander with saddle seats which seems to be a big dilemma for some reason. When I called my dealer last night he stated that Commanders are becoming hot and harder to find....I find that hard to believe since in my checking of inventories some dealers in the Detroit area have 150 on their lots...yikes!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
You are guranteed the 0%!

Call Bill at Jeepwarehouse.com and he will tell you what alot of dealers won't. If you order today with 0% there are certain requirments to get the incentive when you take delivery but nothing that would be a problem for you. I think one of the things he said was the customer has to take delivery of the vehicle within a certain time frame of the dealer receiving it.

It sounds like you need to find yourself a different salesperson or dealer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks walkjon but all is well here. They found a truck for me in Michigan and it is being brought down here today...will probably get it tomorrow or Sat....black with saddle seats and everything I wanted except it doesnt have nav system which is ok with me. Finally, this ordeal is over and I can relax a little. Again, thanks walkjon for the info but it looks as if I am taken care of.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts