Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..And in 6-8 weeks, I shall officially join the ranks!

This will be my third Jeep, replacing a 1997 GC, which replaced a 1987 Cherokee.

So far, I'm happy with my decision and fortunately have a fantastic dealer here that helped quite a bit and was patient as I agonized over options.

I finally went with:

Limited, Black ext, Saddle interior.

Hemi (so 4x4 with Quadra-drive)

uConnect, Nav, off-road and tow groups (yes, I know Florida is flat as a board and zero inches of snow annually...)

So far what I do NOT like: No way to get XM on the stock radio. I've had XM for 2 years now and don't want to replace it. I am going to run them side by side, however, and make a final determination then.

The wife likes the XK as well, and considers it a worthy adjunct to her 2004 Sienna as it can carry both kids and the same amount of junk if required. So, it satisfies both her safety/practical concerns and my Tim Allen-like grunt factor. :)

- Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your gonna love it joe! and you have beaches for that 4x4 option! I waited 6 weeks for my wrangler thought i was gonna go nuts!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats, Joe! I considered ordering as well, but couldn't deal with the wait so my dealer located a jeep with the options I wanted in another state and did a swap.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was not to be found anywhere.. Unfortunately. This will be the longest 6-8 weeks of my life. I also just missed the new incentive (durnit!) of 0% financing for 5 years.. I have the option of taking the incentives in effect when the vehicle arrives, but I suspect it can't get much better than 0%!

·
Registered
157 Posts
you may get lucky and recieve the commander before the incentives end. I just ordered mine a week ago. The dealer called me yesterday and told me the commander I ordered should be finished on the 8th. It will be about 2 weeks after that to get it shiped over. I should as long as all goes well get mine in less then 4 weeks from the time I ordered it. I can't wait

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can only hope.. Going from the 4.9% to 0% should save me 4 grand or so over the loan period, and result in lower payments, even though I'd lose $1000 in incentives.

Less than a 4 week wait would obviously be nice too!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK... Got a call from the dealer. It will be in +- 5 days from March 6th - of course, I miss out on the 0% financing. ARGH! Hopefully they will have a nice incentive for March.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Joe, When I was considering ordering from the factory, the dealer said that I would get whatever deal was running at the time I placed the order. Then if there was another (better) deal when the jeep arrived, I could switch to whatever the new incentive would be. Maybe they were just blowing smoke to get a sale (I didn't get it in writing), but you may want to push the issue a little more and see if you can get the incentive that was advertised at the time you placed the order.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haags said:
Joe, When I was considering ordering from the factory, the dealer said that I would get whatever deal was running at the time I placed the order. Then if there was another (better) deal when the jeep arrived, I could switch to whatever the new incentive would be. Maybe they were just blowing smoke to get a sale (I didn't get it in writing), but you may want to push the issue a little more and see if you can get the incentive that was advertised at the time you placed the order.
Generally, when you special order a vehicle, the incentive(s) at the time of order are protected. It is called Sold Order Protection. When the new vehicle comes in you will have the option to take the incentive(s) that were available at the time of order or take advantage of the new incentive(s).

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's what I was told also. They have been running autoshow $500 discounts around here and that deal has to be made by the end of the month I was told.
The 0% is protected until the Jeep comes in.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My problem is that I ordered at the very end of January - so 4.9% and $2000 back was the incentive then. Just have to hope that March's is better, or that it's super-early and arrives tomorrow!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine might be in tomorrow or at least by Thursday. Dealer said will still be able to get me the 0% after the 1st but not the autoshow discount. Who knows, maybe they will have something even better!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts