Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching all the older posts about exhaust and customized mufflers, I went ahead today and ordered the Magnaflow #12586 universal muffler, got it from PerformancePeddlers for $81 w/ free shipping.

Once I receive it, I plan on having it welded on my XK. Hopefully this muffler with the combination of my CAI will let the beast breathe easier. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
AJGuy84 said:
Good price! Is that the full pipe one, or just the replacement muffler?
I can tell you it is just the muffler. The cat-back is about $600.00.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ldc2335 said:
ill take this thread as a compliment..lol
Thanks LDC2335, you're posting finally influenced me to go with the Magnaflow instead of the Flowmaster 50.

I plan on keeping the resonator on, but I plan on trying the muffler out without the resonator first, but I'm afraid that it might be too loud for the kids and wife.

I'll keep you all posted

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got it and installed, shipping took about 2 weeks but can't complain about free shipping.
I got it installed with and without the resonator, but I ended up keeping the resonator on. ( I don't think my wife and kids could tolerate all the rumble )

I love it with the resonator, you can really tell a difference with the free flow muffler ( It seems like it solved the sluggish feeling when you accelarate )

The AEM Brute Force and MagnaFlow is a great combination, the sound reminds me of the Borla's I had on my YJ and TJ. The exhaust without the resonator sounded like a dynomax\gibson exhaust. ( very loud )

Anyways thanks everyone for helping me decide on the MagnaFlow. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am running my 4.7 w/o the resonator and it is not bad.
I do not like the drone sound, so if needed I would have had the resonator installed.
Again thanks to ldc who inspired me way back when:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
pgoty/my800, have you noticed any change in MPG?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After the installation yesterday, I reset the mileage system and drove in the city and noticed that it was saying 14.6 mi/ per gallon. Not sure if it's accurate or not but I never trust those readings. I'll keep a closer eye on the gain if any once the muffler is broken-in.

On my commute to work this morning ( the cabin noise was very minimal, but I can still feel and hear the rumble of the exhaust under 2000 rpm )

If anyone is thinking about replacing their muffler, I'd highly recommend keeping the resonator on ( especially if you have a hemi )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts