Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part number 52556 and the installation should be in a couple of days. I am going to have the resonator removed also. I will post up a video when completed. Hopefully the exhaust will have a decent sound after the install.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The 50 sounds great especially when you really hit the gas. 07JeepXK has the 50 SUV and it sounds good especially compared to stock. Not sure how it sounds inside the truck but you will find out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 50 sounds great especially when you really hit the gas. 07JeepXK has the 50 SUV and it sounds good especially compared to stock. Not sure how it sounds inside the truck but you will find out.
That is good to know that the exhaust sound will improve. I am looking for a deeper/louder exhaust note.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Keep us posted, I'm especially interested in the "in cabin" sound. I want to upgrade the exhaust but don't want to have any resonating issues. My Magnaflow kit on my 06 Sierra resonated like crazy, especially when pulling my motorcycle trailer.

OT- got any pictures of your 04 Goat?

Here's mine...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I had a dynomax glass pack on before the flowmaster. They were about the same in volume both inside and out but the tone of the flowmaster is much better than my dynomax was.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep us posted, I'm especially interested in the "in cabin" sound. I want to upgrade the exhaust but don't want to have any resonating issues. My Magnaflow kit on my 06 Sierra resonated like crazy, especially when pulling my motorcycle trailer.

OT- got any pictures of your 04 Goat?

Here's mine...

Looks good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just personally I've never liked a noisy exhaust ... FlowMasters always make a vehicle sound like the exhaust needs to be repaired or replaced to me.

But to each his own :) ... Let us know if it picks up any better gas mileage ... I'm always interested in saving money :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just personally I've never liked a noisy exhaust ... FlowMasters always make a vehicle sound like the exhaust needs to be repaired or replaced to me.

But to each his own :) ... Let us know if it picks up any better gas mileage ... I'm always interested in saving money :)
I am not expecting any increase in mpg from just a muffler. However I will advise on fuel economy after the install.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For me, any gains in mpg is lost with me being a bit heavier on the "skinny" peddle to hear the pipes!

Sweet looking GTO by the way...I'm digging the blacked out look.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
For me, any gains in mpg is lost with me being a bit heavier on the "skinny" peddle to hear the pipes!
X2!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea if it the flowmaster is better or worse on the mpg's than my last one for normal driving because I am constantly flooring the peddle just to hear it roar. But I will gladly pay a couple extra dollars at the pump to get the satisfaction of hearing the roar.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Sweet looking GTO by the way...I'm digging the blacked out look.
I am looking forward to the better sounding exhaust. Thanks for compliment. Here are some interior pictures:

Painted and clear coated the trim Phantom Black Metallic to match the outside color. Switched the red stitching to blue, changed the red dash to blue dash and added blue led's with color changing needles.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Cannot wait to hear your opinion of the XK. Have you done anything to the exhaust on the GTO? There is a guy who lives near me that has a purple on silver GTO and some kind of bad a$$ exhaust on it. It sounds like an old GTO with straight pipes on it. It turns heads that is for sure!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Magna-Flow a real smoothie

I have a 06 Commander. Put Magna-Flow exhaust and she is a real smoothie. I felt the Borla was pricey and usually too rasping for my taste. The Magna-Flow coupled with a complete Airraid cool air intake has done wonders. When you open it up it feels like there is no exhaust and the needle just climbs. Bettered the fuel use and torque as well. Not too much else you can do without killing your warranty.:stickpoke:

·
Registered
422 Posts
been a ghost watching this thread can't wait for the pics/audio...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cannot wait to hear your opinion of the XK. Have you done anything to the exhaust on the GTO? There is a guy who lives near me that has a purple on silver GTO and some kind of bad a$$ exhaust on it. It sounds like an old GTO with straight pipes on it. It turns heads that is for sure!
For the GTO, I have a custom exhaust with Magnaflow stainless mufflers, resonators removed and Stolen Fox h pipe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am2gvoWOL3U

I just spoke with my friend at the garage. Damn UPS still has not arrived with the muffler.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPS has really dropped the ball with this. The muffler was reported to arrive at the garage last Wednesday. As of today, the muffler still had not arrived. I am going to order the muffler tomorrow. I am tired of waiting for UPS. My friend at the garage gets the mufflers from a distributor and was told the muffler shipped out almost two weeks ago by tractor trailer. No tracking number, so who knows where the muffler is. This website is the cheapest I have found for the FLO-52556 SUV 50 series muffler:
http://www.streetsideauto.com/products.asp?ptid=3362&brand=BDXN&series=50%20Series%20SUV%20Muffler&partnumber=52556&Skip=True&LookupType=YMM&Reset=True

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi all
i see that when you did your exhaust you went with part number 52556 o/in and c/out. i found in another thread that said to used part number 52557 c/in and o/out.
could any one shed some light on this so i can get the right one.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts