Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't added any mods yet, but planning on intake, and a few minor exterior mods. Looking to get some clear corners, bug shield, and vent visors. Can't wait for the clear corners to come over here from the UK.

And lastly, I have the portable GPS that I bought from the Jeep Dealer (Garmin) I highly reccomend it. It's great. But I hate the wire hanging down, any suggestions? Remember, I need to be able to have it be portable in case I want to bring it into another vehicle. Here is a picture, any sugguestions would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Buy a second power adapter for your other locations. Then splice the power line directly into an accessory power source and route it up behind the dash.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Who did you go through to order your clear corners? Were they expensive (of course all things being relavent)? I was looking to make this mod also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who did you go through to order your clear corners? Were they expensive (of course all things being relavent)? I was looking to make this mod also.
I haven't gotten/ordereed them yet. I am looking to buy some. I know in another thread on here somewhere someone was talking about putting a bulk order in from the UK. If anyone has any more info on this. send it over.
Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
you can buy a power plug with two or three outlets that will mount on the dash and have one cord running down the front of the panel, then plug the gps into the power outlet and tie up the cords too. Or do the first suggestion of hardwiring it to the Jeep and getting extra power cords for other cars.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rmiller05
And lastly, I have the portable GPS that I bought from the Jeep Dealer (Garmin) I highly reccomend it. It's great. But I hate the wire hanging down, any suggestions? Remember, I need to be able to have it be portable in case I want to bring it into another vehicle.

You might consider checking out www.proclipusa.com. Their basic bracket for the Commander is in picture one below. I assume they have an adapter that will fit the Street Pilot which looks like what you have. The second shot shows the Radio Shack Razr coiled power cord (lot neater than the standard Garmin cord.) You can use your present setup on other vehicles or buy mounts for them also. A better bet would be to sell your Garmin on eBay and buy an Garmin Nuvi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts