Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing so many people do it, I though I would try it for myself. I read that it would take about 2 full cans so I bought 3. All 4 wheels took less than 1 full can!! I guess I have touch ups for life. Anyway, it looks amazing and I think I want to paint my fender flares flat black as well, but would plastidip work? Atleast it comes off easily if I dont like it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks good. But with only using one can you may find it a lot harder to remove than you thought. That's if you want to remove it. I have seen people do their fender flares with plasti dip and it usually turns out looking great.

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think plasti-dip is strong enough to last on wheels. It looks good though.

They make black or black chrome versions of the lug nuts, that would make the wheels look even better.

Let us know how it holds up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
184 Posts
I sprayed mine about 2 months ago and they are still holding up. The best part is since plasti dip is so cheap it's really easy to just give it another coat or two when it starts getting beat up. I think the bed liner would be better for the fenders, especially if you're looking for it to protect your paint when in the woods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I painted 2 of the fenders today with plastidip and will get the other 2 tomorrow. I'll post pictures when all done. It looks much better than I thought it would!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think plasti-dip is strong enough to last on wheels. It looks good though.

They make black or black chrome versions of the lug nuts, that would make the wheels look even better.

Let us know how it holds up.
Yeah it is not very durable (no scratches or anything yet) but the reason it is so popular is that it is very cheap and looks great, so touching it up/redoing it wont be much of a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts