Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright no pics yet but I bought a 2006 3.7L Commander about 3 weeks ago. I have a RC 2" lift, 1.5" Spidertraxs, hitch, bezel, and wiring ordered so far.

Oh yeah, got my "H2 Recovery Vehicle" sticker ordered too!

Got some good deals:
RC 2" lift (new-in-box): $100
Spidertrax 1.5" spacers: $80/pr
2" Hitch: $75
Bezel + 7 pin wiring: $130

Pics of stock, installation, and new ride to come!

Oh yeah, I'll also throw up some pics of the boat!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2" Rough Country Lift & 1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
Lift - $115
Spacers - $80/pair (blemished from Spidertrax, couldn't even find the blemishes)

----------------------------------

--------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------

--------------------------------

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That's the same antenna I bought about 3 years ago. I came out and jumped in the XK the other day and it was laying on the hood! lol I threw it inside and haven't done anything about it yet. Probably won't as I never use am/fm.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nice pics. I like the before and after's side by side.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Looks good. I spotted the Fletcher Chrysler logo and assumed you are Indiana somewhere. You are ready for the Badlands now. I was unwilling to try the lift myself so I had Clark Tire in Fishers install mine.

It looks great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I definitely need a heat gun to get that off of there! I'll probably skittishly try the badlands this year sometime. You going to take yours up at all? I live down in Whiteland. Where are you?

In hindsight, the lift wasn't bad at all.

·
Registered
542 Posts
BadAss!

Where'd you get the H2 sticker from?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Alright guys, tax season was good to me. Paid down a lot of bills and still had $500 a piece for the wife and I. So I bought some black nerf bars, LED interior lights, K&N panel filter, iridium plugs, and a flowmaster super 44 + installation! Deliveries are this week and next, I'll have some pics and a vid of the exhuast soon!

Update: Alright, DANG interior lights are the cheapest, coolest mod you can do to these things! Took about 1/2 hour to install and they were only $50 for them all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, no prob. www.v-leds.com

Foot area lights:
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/CornerSide-Marker-LED/White-LED/2-HID-WHITE-6K-15W-LED-p9371332.html

Front Row Maps, License Plates, and Tailgate Door:
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/CornerSide-Marker-LED/White-LED/2-HID-6K-WHITE-SMT-5-p4481039-1-2.html

Second Row Maps:
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/Dome-Map-LED/White-LED/V-LEDS-HID-WHITE-6-LED-p5168709-1-2.html

Rear Dome (Trunk):
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/Dome-Map-LED/White-LED/HID-6K-WHITE-M-SMT-12-p6283693-1-2.html

On the rear dome, I had to squeeze the contacts because the LED was the right length, but a little thinner, so I squeezed the contacts to make it hold in tighter. I also did not need to wire a resister with these lights like others have. You'll read about a glow problem that is alleviated by installing a resistor in the rear dome, but I didn't need to do that for whatever reason.
Also on the front maps, there's a silver reflector, I cut off the "tab" that comes in front of the light. I'll try to get a pic to better illustrate.

It gets kind of confusing trying to figure out all the part numbers, but remember that even though the bulbs are different sizes, the base it sits in is the same for all (except the rear dome). Just pull off the tabs to see which direction your bulbs are facing before you order. My front maps were pointed down, and the second row was pointed sideways. Hence, the reason for the side facing bulbs. Also, notice those bulbs are sold in pairs, except the rear dome.

Hope this helps somebody.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aries 3" Black Step Up Bars.
$135 + shipping
-Mounts pretty solid to unibody, only wish there were a little more support for the middle of the bar. Still pretty darn strong though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts