Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have these or have had em. Are you suppposed to hear a hissing sound everytime you let off the peddel? I just put it on and it works and sounds great, but I don't know if that hissing sound is good or if it is a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
kfbagt said:
That sucking noise is coming from your wallet every time you press the pedal! LOL
And the hissing sound is from his wife as she balances the checkbook and realizes there is no more money for her shoe and purse fund because he spent it all on gas.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She did want to know what the hell that thing I was putting under the hood last night was, and how much it cost. She just took the CMDR out since I put it in about ten minutes ago. I told her to just wollop the pedal. We'll see in a few minutes what she thinks:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
bravo2376 said:
She did want to know what the hell that thing I was putting under the hood last night was, and how much it cost. She just took the CMDR out since I put it in about ten minutes ago. I told her to just wollop the pedal. We'll see in a few minutes what she thinks:D
Tell her it is a sefety feature and that no matter what the cost her safety is what is most important to you!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think perhaps I can solve your problem. I have a similar K&N kit on my TJ. If you press the K&N as far into the pipe as you can THATS when it hisses. Loosen the clamp and move the filter further OUT the edge of the intake pipe and I think the noise will go away, it worked for me. john

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys
I have already installed a Borla cat back system, now I'm shopping ffor intake options. Any feed back on the K&N system would be appreciated. Is there any dyno data out there showing "real" power increase numbers using thes mods?
By the way I have about 3500 miles on my commander and love the power of that Hemi, the borla isnt much lowder than stock until you stand on the throttle, than it just wakes right up!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Just purchased my Commander 5.7 yesterday. What benifit will the K&N provide me, is it available for the HEMI?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Sorry, I purchased a 2006. Conuld turn down the $11,000 discount.

Do I have to leave off the 5.7 cover? Does anyone have a photo of this installed on a 5.7?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts