Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&N 77 Series SWEETNESS...

Just finished putting in my K&N 77 series Air intake kit in my 2006 Commander HEMI 5.7.......AMAZING, you have no idea what you have under your hood until you upgrade this. I will follow-up with my MPG update soon. :D :eek: :D

Not sure how to put a pic on here because the KB is so low I don't have a photo program to shrink easily.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: K&N 77 Series SWEETNESS...

Not sure about the difference but the same kit is available for the 4.7 and the sound is great, also seem to have picked up a mile to 2 MPG since I put it on. COuld also be due to summer but definitely has more "oomph" from a start.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far I have seen a considerable MPG increase with the intake on my 5.7Hemi
Around 65mph I get 22-24 MPG HWY Solid. Which is ridiculous. I have never seen mileage like that in the 5mo. I have had with this beast. My "City" or backroad driving has not increased at all. So I hope this helps anyone thinking about upgrading under the hood!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: K&N 77 Series Intake MPG Results

In A Good Way!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

I hope curly comes back and answers my questions. I really am interested in hearing how much improvement the K&N made in his jeep. It will also be interesting to see what the mileage difference, in real life, between 2wd and 4wd, not just statistical 2mpg average stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

4WD. I have seen pretty good results. My "city" MPG is higher as well. I never really saw anything consistent above 14MPG combined, now I flow between 16.5 City-24 HWY. It is pretty sweet, hard to fight the case of lead foot because of the performance improvement. To test I reset my mileage when I transition from HWY to City. The 24/25 was with no A/C and cruising around 60-67MPH. The closer to 70 the lower you get, about 18/19 MPG. Keep in mind on cruise you will see constant change depending on your terrain. Find the most flat area you know to get the most accurate of your unscientific test.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts