Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. After giving Canadian Commander a hard time about ripping his skid plate off in the snow, I apparently pulled part of my fender flair off in the snow. I have searched the threads to see any how tos but if anyone has some info as to how to pop the stock fender flairs off or on, I would be greatful.
I will have pics in a bit for clarification of what I did.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the pics of what I did. All plastic back there.
fender oops.jpg

Fender oops 2.jpg

As a further question, has anyone with a Sport added the Limited fenders with the hex bolts?

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
KitKat,

those plastic fender flairs are held in place with plastic clips. I pop my front and rear ones often while on the trails. You should be able to pop it back into place if you remove any excess snow that may have gotten in between the fender flair and the fender. The other posibility is that when it got popped out, it broke the plastic clip that holds it on to the fender. I have broke a few of those as well. Chrysler sells those clips for an outragious price of $4 each.

Also see this thread for some views of a fender without the fender flair in place:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5357&highlight=fender+flairs

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't understand why someone would want to put on the Limited flares? If they were metal, REAL and functional as added protection... then yes... but a plastic fake bolt flare with no added purpose except for 6 or so more crevices at each corner for dirt to get in to and to which you need a Q-tip to clean properly. Replace with a Sport OEM flare.

Of course this is just my opinion. When you think about it, you'll probably agree. :stickpoke::eyemouth::stickpoke:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I noticed there is a plastic clip in the center of the fender well that has been stretched or broken. When I get my wifes car out of the garage I will take a look and see what needs to be done.

As for the Limited fenders, I kinda like the look of them but curious as everyones experience with them.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I pulled one off as well while off roading, I need to get a few clips but hate to spend that kind of money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts