Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what works good to keep your chrome shining. It seems like everytime I wash the Jeep I can never get all the water spots off my Grill, Body Moulding and Nerf Bar. :confused: I know, it's a Jeep, off road vehicle, mud is good, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes: And I use it for that but, c'mon it's so pretty!!:p

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a black Commander and I bought the Mr. Clean Autowash Professional kit and am very impressed with it. I still dry the vehicle some but it makes it easier to dry areas because they do not spot and you dont have to rush to dry it so fast like without it. I know when I washed it without Mr. Clean it was always a race to try and get the darn thing dried fast enough to avoid spots (especially with black). Just keep a fresh filter in it. I have used it twice so far and has eliminated the spots for sure. I just put the first coat of wax on and will have to see how the wax holds up with the cleaning solution that comes with the Mr. Clean.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
(especially with black).

Thats why I switched from black to white when I purchased my JC. I have had black or dark blue cars since the early 80's. Nice change and cooler also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have the Mr. Clean Autowash Professional kit and works great.. I have the dark khaki and I think it worse than black. I have heard the regular kit (non-professional) doesn't work as well. But who knows. After buying a Commander... it deserves the best. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mr. Clean is the ticket. I've been using it for a year or so. Does a great job, I don't even chamois it afterwords.

I think I have the original kit, works great. I'll wait until this one breaks, then buy the proffesional one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
get durashine and durawash on the net. does not bead so no water marks. also guarantees against bird droppings no other one willl do that. love it . can do the whole car in 45 minutes. just wipe it on and wash it on and you are done for a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts