Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had a set of Kelly Safari TSR installed Monday. They only set me back $186 each. My first thought is WOW.. my truck looks better. I took them offroad before I even got home. They made quick work of any mud I took on. It is also raining here so got to test that as well. They did pretty good with only one time slipping on me. I was pushing it hard on a corner. They are noisy compared to my old REVOs, but I like they hum. I will take some pictures after the rain goes away.

·
Registered
696 Posts
cant wait to see the pics. it is always nice to get another tire review from firsthand experience.

07JeepXK and I like our hum too(just had to throw that in there cause I saw your name viewing the thread). I wonder which ones are louder

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
You didn't change your signature yet. What size are they? :icon_confused:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Great pics.. they look nice. U should paint your calipers but thats a whole nother project. I painted mine but behind my wheels they are hard to see. Just a nice touch when everyone is looking at your wheels and tires.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
cant wait to see the pics. it is always nice to get another tire review from firsthand experience.

07JeepXK and I like our hum too(just had to throw that in there cause I saw your name viewing the thread). I wonder which ones are louder
I absolutely love the hum of the MT/R's. I wouldnt have it any other way!

BTW, those tires look nice mounted on the Pintler wheels. I definately like the look better then your old REVO's.

·
Registered
195 Posts
+1 on the Pintler wheels / Kelly tires - great choices!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is an update on these tires. They did a great jobs in the light snow today. I had hardly any slipping and I felt like I was driving in the rain. The rain handling was good too. I hope to try them in deep snow soon!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
They are great in deep snow. We have been having quite a bit of snow lately with snow warnings running across the TV now.

Any rubbing with that wheel/ tire combo ?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are great in deep snow. We have been having quite a bit of snow lately with snow warnings running across the TV now.

Any rubbing with that wheel/ tire combo ?
A tiny bit on driver side and some on the pass. They only rub at full lock. I am going to pin back the pass side and all will be good.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
A tiny bit on driver side and some on the pass. They only rub at full lock. I am going to pin back the pass side and all will be good.
Uber, if you have rear AC/Heat, be careful when you pin back the passenger side. The lines are right behind the plastic wheel well liner.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Matt;
I agree! Mine are getting pretty worn, I would like something more aggressive, and I don't think it would add much hum over the exhaust...
I would probably go with the white lettering on the sidewall for my rig. I see that OWL is available on the Kelly site, but I don't see a pic, can anyone help me there?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Any updates on how the Kelly's are holding up? I was going to buy the Duratrac's this weekend, but might have to reconsider...Uber's XK was one of the first ones I saw on the forum years back, and mine now looks somewhat similar to his from the rack down to the Pintler's, sorry! We've put over 30k on the BFG MT's and I don't even notice the hum anymore...so noise isn't an issue. More concerned with snow traction, and I'm hearing great things on the Duratrac's with respect to that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts