Jeep Commander Forum banner

Keys and Interior Door handle

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jeep5253 
#1 ·
have an 06 commander limited and have two questions.

1. Need to replace my 3 button remote. Dealer is giving me an expensive cost. Any recommendations on a place to buy one? Dealer said they will program for $50 if I have the key.

2. The interior circular plastic/chrome door handle on the back door behind driver snapped off for some reason. It broke it. Is there anyway to replace? Dealer says must replace entire door panel. Any recommendations appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome, there are currently threads discussion your two issues; buy a key on e-bay and program it yourself, the instructions are in the manual.

The door panel has to be replaced but you can do a glue fix pointed out in that thread.

#4 ·
have an 06 commander limited and have two questions.

1. Need to replace my 3 button remote. Dealer is giving me an expensive cost. Any recommendations on a place to buy one? Dealer said they will program for $50 if I have the key.

Thanks!
What exactly is wrong with your existing key ... if the key is broken there are replacement shells for them now ... and you can get the blade cut and put your existing remote head in it.

You do not HAVE to have the remote head key (if you want a cheaper key) a regular tan head transponder key can be programed for your Commander

#6 ·
In the EVIC menu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.