Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tryed puting these Kicker 10CVT654 in the front door yet? they come in both 4 and 2 ohm, so I am woundering if this has been tryed.
You can get a 6x9 to 6.5 converter to make them fit. what reviews I have read say they sound great and with what meatball said they should work for a free air enclosure like the door.... Really want to order some but not sure what they will sound like.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I ordered the Kicker set for the front of the Commander. The pair that go in the doors are a 1-way 6x9. They get all of the bass from the BA amp. They provide 100% improvement from the BA speakers, and I can feel the air move, and they vibrate the rear view mirrors on the doors. Bass is set on 8. I replaced the pair for the dash with 2-ohm Infinity's from Crutchfield because they give much better highs. The 6x9's are plug and play, with no modification. Just an FYI. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I upgraded my speakers myself with some BA 6x9s and upgraded my highs. I got the BA amp. no upgrade. just the amp. so its all plug and play. people swear i have subs. (i do now) but as of before. best sounding system i have ever been in. better than my old escalade with bose.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I was confused, He said convert 6x9 to 6.5 to fit the front door.
The front is already 6x9, why convert?
I replaced my fronts with a 2 way. It does ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6x9 to 6.5

I was confused, He said convert 6x9 to 6.5 to fit the front door.
The front is already 6x9, why convert?
I replaced my fronts with a 2 way. It does ok.
You can get a plate that fills the 6x9 hole with a 6.5 hole in the middle. that way you can put a 6.5 where a 6x9 was. also has room on it to add a tweeter if you buy a component set, though the ba system only supplys these speakers with low freq.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the Kicker set for the front of the Commander. The pair that go in the doors are a 1-way 6x9. They get all of the bass from the BA amp. They provide 100% improvement from the BA speakers, and I can feel the air move, and they vibrate the rear view mirrors on the doors. Bass is set on 8. I replaced the pair for the dash with 2-ohm Infinity's from Crutchfield because they give much better highs. The 6x9's are plug and play, with no modification. Just an FYI. :eek:rangehat:
Yeah, those are also in consideration, I already baught the ba 3.5 from crutchfield and installed them, ''big Improvement'' I just want to get the most that I can for clean sounding bass in my front doors, since the kickers are a true subwoofer I thaught maybe that was the way to go.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Yeah, those are also in consideration, I already baught the ba 3.5 from crutchfield and installed them, ''big Improvement'' I just want to get the most that I can for clean sounding bass in my front doors, since the kickers are a true subwoofer I thaught maybe that was the way to go.
What range do these Kickers operate under? Also, you'll need to find out the frequency range the BA amp sends to the front door speakers, to make sure of the compatibility. You might lose some range. Are they powered? Also, stick with 2 ohm. From what I understand, if you choose 4 ohm you will cut the power to the speakers by 1/2. This is why I chose the Kicker 6x9, because it was made for the BA amp. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What range do these Kickers operate under? Also, you'll need to find out the frequency range the BA amp sends to the front door speakers, to make sure of the compatibility. You might lose some range. Are they powered? Also, stick with 2 ohm. From what I understand, if you choose 4 ohm you will cut the power to the speakers by 1/2. This is why I chose the Kicker 6x9, because it was made for the BA amp. :eek:rangehat:
They are subs, wount loose anything thats what frequency they are for.
I just want to know if anyone has installed or heard them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
What would it sound like if you mounted one (w/ a dedicated amp, in addition to OEM speakers) in the third row driverside under where the rear air controls are usually located?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What would it sound like if you mounted one (w/ a dedicated amp, in addition to OEM speakers) in the third row driverside under where the rear air controls are usually located?
Sweet im sure, in that case though I would go for the jl audio 6.5 they are much deeper and wont fit in the doors but will handel way more power

1 - 12 of 12 Posts