Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Kicker speakers from Mopar SuperCenter, they look very nice. I'll take some pics of them and the install for all to see. The instructions are very clear and illustrated, which is very unusual for a set of Mopar instructions!.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Where did you go to get these speakers?? Do they anything else as far as a sub or rear speakers?? Exactly what speakers did you get and what did you pay for them?? I am very interested in getting some also.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dash & front door only, no subs or rears. $157 incl. shipping from Mopar Super Center

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't see one listed, I think they keep the rears stock for bass.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess so, Mopar Supercenter didn't have them listed. Also, my local dealer didn't have them listed, thought they might not be a Mopar kit. Guess he was wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I figured, unless you're looking for better durability and longevity versus the stock paper cone speakers.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
RedCommander said:
I can't imagine you'd gain much changing out the rear speakers. Most of the sound comes from the dash and front doors.
For the front passengers, but wouldn't the rear passengers benefit from the upgrade?

·
Registered
36 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
Just received my Kicker speakers from Mopar SuperCenter, they look very nice. I'll take some pics of them and the install for all to see. The instructions are very clear and illustrated, which is very unusual for a set of Mopar instructions!.
I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about the install and if there is a noticeable improvement in sound quality. (I don't find the stock speakers to be that bad. I would like to find a good sub solution, though)

Are you using the stock head unit?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sound quality is decent, tighter bass and crisper highs, The thing I like is that its all plug and play, so I dont' have to try and get aftermarket stuff to work with the factory headunit and wiring.

I'll probably do the rears next month and the amp later, those should make it sound better.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can anyone tell me if this speaker upgrade is an improvement on the limited's speakers that are already supposed to be better? Just curious if this would be an improvement for mine as well. I like the sound at this point but always looking for ways to improve if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thats what I was referring to the BA sound system in the limited. I thought all the limiteds had BA but regardless are these upgrades an improvement on the BA system or only for those without BA.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Commander Ron said:
Thats what I was referring to the BA sound system in the limited. I thought all the limiteds had BA but regardless are these upgrades an improvement on the BA system or only for those without BA.
The Kickers are meant to be an improvement over the BA system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I replaced all of my speakers with Polk Audio and they sound great. I did the installation myself, plug and play and very easy. I still have the factory nav unit. I would like to add a sub though. Crank it as loud as you want.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just installed the rear door speakers, and the sound is now nice and tight, not a lot of bass from these new speakers. So I guess the Kicker amp and subwoofer are next, will probably wait until Christmas for those. But they do sound better than the stock ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts