Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First photo is literally a picture of my garage.

Fifth picture is another addition to the garage, 2009 HD Ultra Classic.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have owned my XK for almost a year. No modifications yet, but looking to do a 2" RC lift within the next month.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Now that's a garage!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the RC 2" Lift last night. Should get here on Tuesday with installation on Wednesday. I will be sure to post the photos.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The XK before and after shots. Installed the Rough Country 2" spacer kit. Took a whopping 7 hours. The darn lower control arm bolt was corroded inside of the bushing. :icon_redface: Took close to 2 hours for me to finagle it out. Thank goodness for air chisels and impact wrenches. Advice to anyone getting the same kit, utilize spring/strut compressors. I rented mine for the local AutoZone. You buy it, and they will fully refund upon return.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lookin like an XK should!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installed LED license plate bulbs today. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

LED Lights Installed. They are really bright, even light up the ground. Looking to get LED tail lights next.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Advice to anyone getting the same kit, utilize spring/strut compressors. I rented mine for the local AutoZone. You buy it, and they will fully refund upon return.
WHAT does that compressor look like? Rented one once and there was no way that would compress a spring on the commander .....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WHAT does that compressor look like? Rented one once and there was no way that would compress a spring on the commander .....
The one I used looked like this ---> http://tinyurl.com/strutcompressor

It didn't compress the spring very much, but enough to get the job done. I also had an impact wrench to use which made compressing a bit easier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts