Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are in the beginnings of an ice storm in the area. We are expecting anywhere from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of ice in the area.

There were tons of cars on the local road so I thought I would take the chance and get on the highway even though I heard there were lots of back ups due to accidents.

Well all the novices were off the road when I reached the highway and I was able to maintain a steady 45 mph. I passed two Wranglers on the surface roads and maybe one or two more on the highway.

The traction control light never even flickered.

I think I can attribute that to the superior four wheel drive system in the Commander and the Firestone Destination A/T's I have on there.

I have been told I still have to be at work tomorrow but I will be surprised if anyone shows up to buy a vehicle.

Chalk it up to Jeep for this fantastic ride.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Probably be a slow day - the only thing that could get to work would be a Commander, and if they had one, why would they be at the lot?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Well it does snow in AZ but you have to be up north, down south or to the east of Phoenix.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I got home from work today I had to put my shoulder to the door to get out because it froze shut on the way.

I still can't praise the Commander enough after that drive today.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
On my way home today I had to take advantage of a virgin empty parking lot.

As we're getting out of the jeep in the garage my daughter says:
Dad, do you know my favorite part of your drifting?

Me:
No, what was your favorite part?

Daughter:
When we couldn't see anything, hee hee hee.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
When I got home from work today I had to put my shoulder to the door to get out because it froze shut on the way.

I still can't praise the Commander enough after that drive today.
I had the same problem as you did and I drove less then 5 miles to get to home. Were supposed to get freezing rain overnight. Hopefully I can get the door open in the morning when its time to go to PT formation!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts