Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last summer I ordered some King struts for a Jeep Grand Cherokee and installed them on my commander. they were about $1.500 for the pair. Mounting the reservoir ended up being a challenge, I had to use steal threaded rivets and a galvanized fence hanger, but it worked. Some pics of that as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Last summer I ordered some King struts for a Jeep Grand Cherokee and installed them on my commander. they were about $1.500 for the pair. Mounting the reservoir ended up being a challenge, I had to use steal threaded rivets and a galvanized fence hanger, but it worked. Some pics of that as well.
Nice work @Antirustbug;

How do you like the ride quality?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice work @Antirustbug;

How do you like the ride quality?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.
The ride felt very smooth going over washboard dirt roads. That being said, I don't know if it was a smart thing to do on account they were designed for a Jeep Grand Cherokee of stock weight, and now I'm adding a steal bumper and possibly a winch. On a side not I do have collars on it that I can be turn to compensate for some drop, we will see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They look nice!

Do you know what diameter they are?
It seems counter intuitive to me to use a lift block and the adaptor on top (I assume that is what I am looking at?). Do they not come in longer lengths?

Do you have photos of the mounting at the bottom?

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts