Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have checked here first before I did this...but here we are. I have a 2008 2WD Commander that I had previously installed the Daystar 2" lift. I just installed the Rough Country 2" lift on top of that. I have to say the new stance looks great but now the steering knuckle is hitting/rubbing the lower part of the strut. I've done some research on what to do to fix this but getting mixed info. Again, I should have came here first. Does anyone know if new upper control arms or adjustable ball joints will solve the problem? I need to be able to adjust the camber out a little. I don't want to have to take off the additional 2" lift. Any ideas or support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You can't stack those lifts. If your over 23" without running a superlift drop bracket you'll wreck components.

take a measurement from center of axle to front fender lip.

You can try the JBA upper control arms. But they are not cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is 2WD. Are you referring to the center of the front hub to the top of the front fender lip?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Yeah AFAIK youll trash your steering rack eventually at that height, and your upper ball joints sooner rather than later. CVs arent a problem of course

Omelet @ jeepforum.com ran a stacked lift around 23.5" and had trouble with his steering rack/links IIRC.

JBA UCA should solve the upper ball joint issue. Not sure about the rack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Also wanted to point out that this is not a daily driver and doesn't leave the pavement. Do you think just replacing the UCA ball joints would get me by for a while?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts