Jeep Commander Forum banner

Kokopelli Trail/Moab/Utah Overland In May, Anyone?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
So, I've been planning a trip out to Utah to do some overlanding through Moab and a few of the National Parks. Since I'm cutting through Colorado to get to Moab, I figured I'd spend the most possible time off road as I can and have been looking at taking the Kokopelli Trail from Colorado to Moab. I looked at the Dolores Triangle route, but there are several river fordings on that trail and with the unpredictability of weather, I'd hate to backtrack 2 days if the river is impassable. I hate to make a run like that solo, so, anyone up for a trail run? After Moab, I plan on hitting Shafer Canyon, then overlanding to Capitol Reef, then down to Escalante. If anyone is interested in going on any part of those runs, let me know!

#2 ·
I'd be interested depending on exactly when. So far my Commander is 100% stock, but should have at least lift and tires by then, and the start of my recovery kit by then. Any idea if that is a trail my rig would be able to handle (4.7L QT-II)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.