Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good idea and I hope I can get some support for this from other forum members and admins.

I was a member of an ATV forum in the recent past, and would like for the site to add one of the features I found to be a very nice addition to their site.

At the bottom of each post there would be a seperate box the width of a normal thread that would reflect members names. There was a "thumbs up" beside the member's name, that gave the viewers of a post the ability to give a "thumbs up", "thanks" or "koodos"... whatever you would like to call it.

I think that this would encourage people to post more insightful and helpful remarks on threads, and give the post reader the chance to give "koodos" to the poster.

I know from personal experience that sometimes you are unsure if people actually read your post and if they did, if they actually found it either informative, helpful, a nice addition, whether it be a picture or a personal experience... whatever it may be.

These "koodos" that people receive from other members, give the member community a chance to show another member that they are valuable asset to the site. This would be a quick way to give "koodos" rather then congesting threads with short notes.

These "koodos" points could actually add to a members vexperience points as well.

I REALLY like this idea and I hope otheras will support this.

Thank you for your votes and comments.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Good idea, I'll support this as I have too seen this elsewhere and it works.

Lets hope it wouldn't stop the humour within the threads though!

Its good to laugh! :)

Oh...is this regarded as a short note?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think it is a good idea but it might create a negative feeling for other people. I know there are lot of members here that are very knowledgeable and no doubt an asset to this forum and admiration to many, and I have seen a lot of members including me that express their gratitude. I am sure they know that people do appreciate them because they get a lot of compliments from other member. I think thumbs up and down signs or other will just create so negative atmosphere. Just a thought!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is a good idea but it might create a negative feeling for other people. I know there are lot of members here that are very knowledgeable and no doubt an asset to this forum and admiration to many, and I have seen a lot of members including me that express their gratitude. I am sure they know that people do appreciate them because they get a lot of compliments from other member. I think thumbs up and down signs or other will just create so negative atmosphere. Just a thought!
NO, NO, NO... No thumbs down... this was never my intention. Just a thumbs up or perhaps just an icon that says "Koodos"... that was it. This is meant to be a positive thing, not negative.:ugh2:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like this idea. I have found a lot of useful info on here and a lot of people have different ideas that work in different situations.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I give the idea a thumbs up! I am behind you on this one.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Who can't use an ego boost now and again?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I figure why not? We have those bars under our names... LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
A friend of mine is a member of an off-road Toyota forum and they use this. I like the idea, I have actually witnessed him doing extensive research to be absolutely sure of the advice he gives.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koodos are a nice idea though. Being able to show someone that you appreciate their input or contribution, whether it be a thread or a post. Rating is boring and there is no way for that member to actually feel like it is worth while to put a little thought into their posts instead of just putting down comments to get their numbers up for leveling and stuff. You can't koodos yourself, so it is other people that are giving them... and feel you deserve "koodo points".

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Koodos are a nice idea though. Being able to show someone that you appreciate their input or contribution, whether it be a thread or a post. Rating is boring and there is no way for that member to actually feel like it is worth while to put a little thought into their posts instead of just putting down comments to get their numbers up for leveling and stuff. You can't koodos yourself, so it is other people that are giving them... and feel you deserve "koodo points".
That is why I think "koodos" might be worth considering, I wish I could turn off the bars and awards on mine. It is more rewarding when other members recognize you!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I think the reason you have all the medals is because you are the top poster on this forum.
Yes, but it would be nice to share awards around instead of one person always having them.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i support the idea.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Getting "koodos" from your buds is far better then just earning them through a computerized set point system IMO. Let your friends give you some recognition too for valued contributions and or silly posts. Remember, this is to be a positive motivator only... no negative thumbs down or anything.:eyemouth:

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Getting "koodos" from your buds is far better then just earning them through a computerized set point system IMO. Let your friends give you some recognition too for valued contributions and or silly posts. Remember, this is to be a positive motivator only... no negative thumbs down or anything.:eyemouth:
I agree - positive "kudos" or something - but no negs. Hell, even just a running counter with how many "Thumbs up" you got would be entertaining.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts