Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at some sort of decent looking mount for my iPhone since I hook it to my headunit frequently and use it for GPS. I came across a company named KUDA who makes a moulded leather bracket for the Commander/Grand Cherokee. I decided to take the plunge and order it over the weekend.

To my delight, it showed up on my door step today. My initial impression was it felt sturdy and looked fairly nice. When I installed it, I ran into a few problems though. First, I ordered the slate gray color. It doesn't quite match the gray interior of my Jeep, but I didn't think it would be a perfect in the first place. Next, the mounting tabs are sharp and scraped up my moulding. Fortunately, this piece of trim is covered up by the bracket but it still sucks if I ever go to remove it. In hindsight, I wish I would've wrapped some clear duct tape or masking tape around them first. Second, the moulded fit isn't quite as good as I had hoped. The tab that hides behind the controls is not long enough to bend around the trim. Besides that, I can't imagine anyone getting their hand in that tight of a spot if the tab could be bent. As it turned out, wrapping tape around the tab several times did the trick to tighten up the fit.

After I finally got the mount installed, I took the Jeep out for a ride. I didn't hear any rattles and the phone stayed in place so that's about all I can ask for. Overall, if you're looking for a permanent cell phone mount, this one is pretty decent. If anyone is interested, I'll snap a few pictures. In the meantime, here's the link to the product...

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_and_holder_for_jeep_commander_06-07-17-445.html#

·
Banned
139 Posts
Do you have any pics of this installed? I ordered the Mopar one in Dark Slate Grey. When it arrived, it is several shades lighter than my car's interior. Not worth the $100. Sending it back. Am considering the Kuda mount, but would be interested in seeing how it looks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts