Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the new thread but didn't get a response in the other one. (may be to old)

I have a 2007 XK Limited 5.7 V8 Hemi and was wondering if anyone rides Kumho tires. I want a bigger tire on the jeep without adding a lift to it right now. Sometime in the next few months I will have a 2.25 RC lift on it.

But in the mean time... Can I fit a 245 75R17 on a stock lift with no rubbing???

THanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I couldn't tell ya 100% but I believe they would fit for on road driving u may have some minor rubbing but I've seen a guy on here running that size bfg at with no lift. But hey worst case scenario is they rub a little and it would help speed up ur need to lift which is a situation I like to get in helps me convince the wife on mods if they are needed and not just wanted lol

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Some 245/75's will fit on the XK with a lift like the BFGoodrich AT's due to their tread pattern and tread witdh. Others will require either wheel spacers or trimming of the upper ball joint bolt. I would recommend doing the pinch weld modification and trim the upper ball joint bolt and call it a day.

adamag25 has been running kuhmo's on his XK for a while now. He currently has the Kuhmo Road Venture KL71 Mud Terrain in a 265/70R17 on a 2 inch lift. Prior to that he was running the Kuhmo Road Venture KL 78 All Terrain in a 265/70R17. You might want to send him a PM. As far as I know he would definately recommend both tires.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.

Jeep3X- That is what I am trying to do. My wife says that she doesn't like the look of the lifted XK's. I personally think that she is crazy and I am kinda hoping that I will be "rushed" to lift it. Can't wait.

07JeepXK- Thanks for the advise. Ill send him a PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts